Ciara Wants To Be An Icon

billyworld99

Proud Member
Ciara may not be sharing details about the condition of her long delayed ‘Basic Instinct’ LP but she has no problem talking about her hopes and dreams. The ‘Ride’ singer revealed to Paper magazine that one day she hopes to be an “icon” and that one day people will be looking for “the next Ciara”. Check out what she had to say below:

On her ultimate goal as a musician
My ultimate goal for myself as an artist is to be known as an icon, a legend. I do hope to be very wealthy. Beyond just my career, I hope to create a legacy for my family that’s never been created before. And to be an icon, to be a legend one day. Tons of Grammy’s would be great one day. I hope to travel around the world and to meet every possible fan I can meet around the world. I would love to be an icon that’s so amazing and so strong that one day people can be like, “You can be the next Ciara.” {Source}

As a dancer there is no question that Ciara has already established herself as one of the best who has ever touched the stage. However, if she wishes to become a legend like Janet Jackson, Mariah Carey and Whitney Houston then she will need to focus on having a wider cultural impact with her music. Ciara is a very talented girl but until she finally decides to release ‘Basic Instinct’, icon status will remain that much further away from her grasp.

http://thatgrapejuice.net/2010/08/ciara-icon/#more-17735

Ciara has about as much of a chance of becoming a musical icon as I do of becoming a magical pink unicorn named Ted. =)

The fact that she said that shows she doesn't know the top secret : stop talking and start doing.

She is kinda goin about it the wrong way. Ones doesn't really confess to a journalist that they want to be an idol, legend and make shittons of money for their family. I sure hope she knows what she's askin for..... It's a hard road.

She's a great dancer tho, isn't she? All the videos and performances i've seen her in, I've been mostly impressed with her dancing. She seems really great. If she could just get past all that "sex on stage" junk.

I like Ciara, but she needs to be more unique, if she wants to be an icon, she has potential, but DanceOfZenab1994 hit the nail on the head, stop talking and start doing.

The true icons and legends never announced what they were gonna be. They just got on with it

So Ciara doesn't realize she's over? Sorry to say for any fans, but it's true. The girl has zero change to make it big again. She flopped hard and even Justin Timberlake couldn't score her a hit.

One major thing that she has going for her is that she's stunningly hot :stars: , but honestly there's not one newer artist currently that will be becoming a legend. Only time will tell..

Last edited:
i agree, her team neeeds to worker on trying to make her at least a household name, like beyonce or usher i guess, look at lil wayne it took him six studio albums and countless numbers of mixtapes before he became a household name to both black and white audiences

Back