Ciara 'missed' call from Jackson

iscreamloud

Proud Member
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a252004/ciara-missed-call-from-jackson.html

Ciara has revealed that she almost missed out on the chance to talk to Michael Jackson after she missed a phone call from the late singer.

The 'Ride' star was approached to appear on a charity record to benefit the victims of 2005's Hurricane Katrina, but almost lost out on the chance after missing a call on her mobile phone from Jackson.

She told OK: "I didn't get to meet Michael Jackson but I did get to talk to him on the phone. It was cool and really surreal because I love Michael.

"I did actually [know he was going to call]. I knew he was going to reach out to me and it's funny because I missed his first phone call.

"His assistant left a message and I was like, 'Oh my God. I missed his call!'. The second time he called me I made sure I had my phone on me and turned up."

Omg! Breaking news again!!

This place is not as it was when MJ was alive :( The excitement of where he was or what he was planning is lost forever. I hate this :(

She gives a similar, but longer answer on this topic on the red carpet at the 2009 BET Awards:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiHfThKSXHI

Transcript:

“[My most memorable Michael experience was when] I actually talked to him on the phone and it was for…it was a song about the hurricane Katrina, and he wanted me to be a part of it, and it was many other artists, and he called me and I kind of tried to play my music kind of like loud to keep myself relaxed before he called, ‘cause I knew he was calling, and I missed the first phonecall, and then his assistant left a voicemail, I heard the voicemail and I was like, ‘Okay, I am not going to have my music loud before he calls again’. And when he got on the phone, I didn’t know what to say, I was like ‘Hey’, he was like ‘Hey, how are you?’, he was like, you know, ‘Thank you for being a part of the song’, and I was like, ‘You’re welcome’, he was like, ‘So what’s the weather like?’, I didn’t know like, sounds like it’s hot…I don’t..I couldn’t even respond properly, but that is a moment that I do have and I’m very very proud of it, because I was looking forward to meeting him and I didn’t get the chance, so that’s something that I can hold on to. [breaks down and pauses]. You see, let me say this…what it is for me is…I didn’t grow up in music. And I realized by the time I was 13 that I can do something in music, and for me, he really is the reason why, ‘cause I didn’t have any training, no nothing, so, people like him are…he was really the reason why for me and so it means a lot to me, you know, and that’s where I get my inspiration from, so I just got..I just..it’s crazy, ‘cause it’s like I don’t know him, but…he means that much!...You know, so I’m just taken by that, so, sorry…[breaks down again]. [When I was asked to sing Michael’s songs on BET], oh, my gosh…I was honored, you know, I was really excited about it…you know, ‘cause I wasn’t performing or doing anything for BET, and when I ran into Steven and he offered or asked me to be a part of it, I was like, ‘Of course, I would love to. Michael means so much to me’, so, of course I would be, I couldn’t miss it. […] Oh, and one last thing, sorry…I’m sorry…and I have to say it, this is a really really…emotional moment in time [for me], not only because Michael [passed], but I just lost my grandmother to cancer almost two weeks ago, so, she was young as well, so, moments like this really make you realize how much you have to, like, live life to your fullest and kinda let go a little bit, and I was in such a crazy space right now, so you really have to enjoy it, and I just want to encourage everybody to do that, like live life to the fullest,; I’m young, so I have a whole lot more ahead of me, but I am really deciding to enjoy it, you know, no matter how rough the time is, no matter how hard it feels, I’m like…just live life, like, as you never know, so…I just wanna say that”.

-- http://www.thesilencedtruth.com/

Last edited:

This place is not as it was when MJ was alive :( The excitement of where he was or what he was planning is lost forever. I hate this :(

I feel you on the loss of excitement...That stuff would just light me up...just instant smiles and happiness :(

I feel you on the loss of excitement...That stuff would just light me up...just instant smiles and happiness :(

EXACTLY!! :cry: :cry: :cry:
MICHAEL!!!!!!!!!!!!:no::(

I know!! :no:

:cry: it all seems so pointless now..all of this...gah :weeping: nothing to look forward to

Same here :boohoo:

I am really crying now after reading some of that. It is no wonder why I can't seem to get over of what had happen to Michael. There is no more news about him doing something that would make me happy and excited for him. I just miss that so extremely much. :boohoo:

Same here :boohoo:

I am really crying now after reading some of that. It is no wonder why I can't seem to get over of what had happen to Michael. There is no more news about him doing something that would make me happy and excited for him. I just miss that so extremely much. :boohoo:
:group: Me too... :weeping:

Thanks for sharing iscreamloud! :flowers:

Back