Ciara dropped from jive records?!

billyworld99

Proud Member
Word on the street is that pop/R&B singer Ciara has been dropped from Jive Records after struggling with album sales for her fourth studio album ‘Basic Instinct’, which has sold between 40,000 and 50,000 so since its debut in December 2010. Apparently her single “Turn It Up” featuring Usher was scheduled to hit the radio airwaves on March 8th but was later pulled for some reason:

Reports are now beginning to surface that Jive finally pulled the plug on Ciara. Insiders say the singer is a drain on label resources because she does not know her artistry and is unable to pin down a unique sound. One insider said that “the label would rather invest in someone like Chris Brown who is proving successful on multiple formats”…Ciara and Jive executives are said to have reached mutual terms to end their partnership, effective immediately. [ SOURCE ]

On the other hand, it is also rumored that she has been visiting the Universal Records offices and may be in talks with Interscope Records about a possible deal

http://concreteloop.com/2011/02/round-the-way-ciara-dropped-from-jive-records#comments

it's sad but I'm not surprised poor thing hasn't been able to sell a record since Rihanna came..........

Last edited:
Well.. at the end of the day, it's business. It didn't work so they couldn't have kept investing money in her career.

That's sad, she's a great dancer, at least. ..

I wish more people would just quit the entertainment world altogether. It's like, almost, nobody stands a chance nowadays if they aren't bowing to the industry's god, so better leave this sick madness altogether. ....

I wouldn't a bit surprised. She hasn't sold a single album since her song with Missy Elliot. Everything after that was all downhill. I'm sure she cost the record company millions in losses.

it's sad but I'm not surprised poor thing hasn't been able to sell a record since Rihanna came..........

its crazy b/c her ands rihanna came out around the same time and here in the US everyonce was predicting she would become this generation janet jackson while they were certain rihanna would be a one hit wonder who would have known

I love it when you one, two, step.

Schade. I actually liked that song. Yeah, everything went down-hill from there, no? I haven't heard anything from her in a few years. I heard her last album was a flop. It's a shame, because she's a good dancer. Oh, well. On to other things, I guess. That's the problem with being in the music industry--if you're not exceptional, you're utterly expendable. This will be Minaj, Bieber or Germanotta, in some years. Everything fades with time. Everything has a high point, immediately after which it all starts to fade.

Only truly exceptional people like Michael and Madonna, to name two which immediately come to mind, are able to withstand the test of time, and remain successful even after decades have passed since they first entered the stage.

I love it when you one, two, step.

Schade. I actually liked that song. Yeah, everything went down-hill from there, no? I haven't heard anything from her in a few years. I heard her last album was a flop. It's a shame, because she's a good dancer. Oh, well. On to other things, I guess. That's the problem with being in the music industry--if you're not exceptional, you're utterly expendable. This will be Minaj, Bieber or Germanotta, in some years. Everything fades with time. Everything has a high point, immediately after which it all starts to fade.

Only truly exceptional people like Michael and Madonna, to name two which immediately come to mind, are able to withstand the test of time, and remain successful even after decades have passed since they first entered the stage.

Ciara's last two or three albums have flopped. They came and went even faster. Most didn't even know she released anything. I know I didn't. I didn't know about any new releases until I read about it here.

Actually Ciara's laast album came out the same week as 'Michael' and I think it sold like 30,000 units. Ouch!

I also would not have known about it except for this board and OnDemand which had her videos. At one time she had her own little niche. But now she is trying too hard to fit in with everyone else and her fanbase got lost.

Music labels just can't do their job anymore.............

If they actually promoted Ciara's new album.........then we would all know about it.............and people would actually have a chance to buy it!!!!!!!!

It simple common sense.............

The only real problem with the industry are the labels..............and the only real solution is to get rid of them and start from scratch!!!!!!

Shame, I love Ciara. I'll be honest though I had no idea about this last album. Last album of hers I got was fantasy ride...must have been early 2009 right?

:thinking: i have always like "like a boy"..
i feel for you, ciara .:huggy:

Ciara problem seems to be that she has made some bad career moves and that she had lost focus of her dream. She is too busy hanging out with lala and Kim kardashian instead of working on her creative process. Her friends are getting theirs and she isnt. Her 1st two albums did well but these last two not so much. She came out during the "crunk n b" phase, which is gone, and now she is struggling to find her own sound. Also from what I hear, she has the same problem Christina A. has.... BAD ATTITUDE!! No one is gonna work with you if you act like that.
Speaking of her last album, her single choices were wrong. She should have released gimmie dat, then ride and whatever else. Also her album got pushed back 1000 times. She didn't reform on any major award shows and most people didn't know she had an album coming. She needs to take a break and get that hunger again, work with Jazze Phe again(word in Atlanta is no one wants to really mess with her here), and get a new team. Sometimes I think she is more in love with being a celebrity than having a good career. It's sad because she had sooo much potential. Maybe her career peaked too early and she got too comfortable

Ciara's last two or three albums have flopped. They came and went even faster. Most didn't even know she released anything. I know I didn't. I didn't know about any new releases until I read about it here.

Indeed, I didn't even know she released anything until I read this thread. I thought that was just because I'm not really a fan, but by the looks of it, most people didn't know about her last two albums either.

Back