Christopher Cross....

Thanks Linda for posting Christopher Cross was on fire in 1980 thru 1981 then he disappeared, takes me back to being 10 and 11 a great time.

I read an article that said he was the victim of the Best New Act Grammy. From what I remember from the article, he was playing small clubs and venues.

But I think he has a beautiful voice. I looooooove "Sailing", "Think of Laura" and "Arthur's Theme". I did not realise that he did "Ride Like The Wind" as well. That is another one of my faves. Whenever I hear a song by him I just stop what I'm doing and just soak it in. Absolutely deligthful.

Last edited:
he was a victim of having a face suited for radio as to MTV. the dude had a tight debut album and had other hits,but the knocks against him was that he wasn't what MTv would sell on visability and also his music was more toward the adult side than what was happening at the time,but I love his debut album to this day.

he was a victim of having a face suited for radio as to MTV. the dude had a tight debut album and had other hits,but the knocks against him was that he wasn't what MTv would sell on visability and also his music was more toward the adult side than what was happening at the time,but I love his debut album to this day.
Unfortunately, few of the acts before 1981 would make it today. Talent was more important than looks or ability to dance.

Ability to dance is a talent, lol. Sadly, todays acts can't dance. They just are required to dance. Which leaves us with a bunch of bad singers, mediocre dancers and/or both.

Christopher Cross has one of the best voices around. He also decided to step back from it all and raise his family, I heard. But he still puts out albums and tours often.

Music like Chris, the Carpenters, Michael Franks, or Air Supply should make a comeback. It's nice and relaxing.

Yeah, I remember Christopher Cross. Brings back memories of my childhood. I was always found it funny that tenor singing voice came from a big/tall white guy (lol). But I loved his songs. He (and Air Supply) had some great pop hits during the early 1980's.

Yeah, I remember Christopher Cross. Brings back memories of my childhood. I was always found it funny that tenor singing voice came from a big/tall white guy (lol). But I loved his songs. He (and Air Supply) had some great pop hits during the early 1980's.
Yeah, but when MTV hit, the light rock died out. MTV did start VH1 for those types of acts though. It's hard to believe that VH1 started out playing acts like Kenny Rogers and Charlene considering what they show now, lol.

Back