Chris Martin from Coldplay gives a nod to Michael Jackson in Rolling Stone

analogue

Proud Member
Chris Martin from Coldplay is the cover story in the June 26 issue of "Rolling Stone." It's an interesting article, where Chris, among other things, talks about how the band has studied the work of other musicians in order to create their own songs.

Q. "What was the first music you responded to as a kid?"

A. "Probably 'Bad' by Michael Jackson, and 'Take on Me' by A-ha. And then we'd always be in church, so the thing I heard most was hymns. That's probably where all the life-and-death stuff in our music comes from."

What's really cool is that Chris has mentioned the Bad album. Makes a change cause alot of people always harp on about Off The Wall and Thriller being a big influence, so it's nice to see people appreciate MJ's work after Thriller

That's great. I sometimes wonder about the people who always just mention Thriller - like maybe they're just saying it because it's the thing to say. Very few mention Bad or Dangerous as inspiration, which seems impossible because those albums are so popular with (*real*) fans.

Aww I love Chris :)
Cool that he mentioned Michael, I didn't know excactly that he likes him.

Chris Martin played Don't Stop Till You Get Enough last Monday on Zane Lowe's Radio 1 show (www.bbc.co.uk/radio1). He said something along the lines that Don't Stop Till You Get Enough was his favorite dance song, or the most funky song.

hard to imagine coldplay doing dstyge , their songs are too depressive compared to mike's lol

(i love their music,btw, but it really is :) )

Back