Chile earthquake may have shortened days

Proud Member
Chile earthquake may have shortened days

Seventh strongest quake in recorded history may have shifted Earth's axis

chile-earthquake-earth-days2-100302-02.hmedium.jpg
This view of Earth comes from NASA's Moderate Resolution Imaging Spectroradiometer aboard the Terra satellite.
View related photos
var hasRelatedPhotos = 'false';if (hasRelatedPhotos=='true'){var vRPL = document.getElementById("viewRelatedPhotosLink");if (vRPL!=undefined) vRPL.style.display = "";var vLRPG = document.getElementById("linkRelatedPhotos");var vLIRPG = document.getElementById("linkImgRelatedPhotos");if (vLRPG) {if(vLIRPG) vLIRPG.href=vLRPG.href;}}NASA/JPL

getCSS("3053751") Understanding the quake, tsunami
Ready to rumble?
Learn about the roots of seismic activity — and find out where the hot spots are.

Big quake question: Are they getting worse?
Similarity to 2004 Indian Ocean quake
Newsweek: 10 deadliest quakes since 1900
Quake hotspots in the United States
Dangerous waves: How tsunamis work
Tsunami threat to U.S. West Coast
Tsunami warning system in action

if (window.spacecom_hed) { spacecom_hed.ID = "spacecom_hed"; spacecom_hed.BoxStyle="3053751"; spacecom_hed.rowAlt="transparent"; spacecom_hed.appFmt = 1; spacecom_hed.appHeader = "Space.com|"; spacecom_hed.mainArt = "
"; spacecom_hed.headlineStyle="font-weight:normal;"; spacecom_hed.appWidth=300; for (i=0;i

I knew an artist on DeviantArt from Chile, she said she's alright and thank god she's alright. She's the greatest and my favourite fellow artists in DA. I should tell ya that she the first who understands my emotional pain because Michael's death and you know I oweher that, I send my prayers, but I'm thinking of making her something special.

awwwww :no:
Well... this is something I bet we are not going to notice.
The power of Nature!!! And we think so much of ourselves :no:

Back