Chelsea Handler defends MJ on her show (I think)

Victory2004

Proud Member
When talking about what nicolas cage had spent this one guy made a joke that he spent his money at a yard sale that MJ had and I can't tell if chelsea is or not defending michael here so maybe you guys can decide and help me out please? Cus she seemed to shoot down the guy when he was saying MJ's marriage to LMP was fake. But again I don't know. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNuzOKhiDyY

I'm aware of that but then again so did joel mchale but look how much he has made fun of the media throughout this whole ordeal and has laid off of him. The reason why is cus when she was talking about TII making over 100 million dollars that marked the first time she ever complimented him on her show. Not trying to get people interested in her show i'm just seeing if others could clarify cus a person who commented on the clip would disagree with you.

I actually don't watch Chelsea,I know alot of people do... I watched the clip twice and I think she isn't really defending him,because the TII comment ruined it in a negative light..and not because that one person said "too soon"

I'm just 50/50 on it. Not trying to upset anybody here cus if I was sure I wouldn't have made this thread.

She does say "that was a real marriage...", but then again the comment could have been made in total sarcasm, especially cause right after she makes fun of MJ for having "a hit movie" and saying "this is NOT it" ...I don't know

perhaps that is just how she naturally expresses her opinions through homour and scarcasm. perhaps she meant it as a 50/50 comment???

She does say "that was a real marriage...", but then again the comment could have been made in total sarcasm, especially cause right after she makes fun of MJ for having "a hit movie" and saying "this is NOT it" ...I don't know
Regarding her saying his marriage was real it's just she seemed to be serious when she said that and when saying it was his opinion that it wasn't real.

Umm, exactly how are you guys perceiving the "he has a hit movie" line as an insult to MJ? Clearly she's taking a dig at Nicholas Cage by implying that Cage doesn't have good luck in that department. I thought it was funny as hell.

Then again, looking for a cause to "defend" Michael over even when it's totally unnecessary is a lot of people's M.O.

I cannot believe that people still believe this lie that LMP and MJ's marriage was fake. Which wife goes to the funeral of her ex-husband and cry like LMP did with MJ?

And didn't LMP say that it was real several time.

the difrerence between handler and mchale is that handler is a spiteful woman who ONLY has a job b/c she's sleeping w/ the network pres. mchale has what's called sardonic humour

Know this is gonna sound ridiculous for me to do but in her defense she got that show way before she started dating the network president.

It's weird that in one episode Chelsea said that her boyfriend is a big MJ fan.....OKAY......then what's up With their shows they had on MJ after he passed.....? inviting people like Diane Dimond to talk shit? A Fan u think would know better....lol But, let me guess he really likes Billie Jean so I guess that makes him a big MJ fan.....LOL

Getting back to the topic yes, she was defending him on the marriage part and it was a surprise.....

Yeah, I think she was with the marriage bit but I have no idea WTF she was on about with TII.

They talk about TII here too. (Just stop it at 2:00, the big guy's just being an idiot)
[youtube]QWewUxpIEFM[/youtube]

They talk about TII here too. (Just stop it at 2:00, the big guy's just being an idiot)
[youtube]QWewUxpIEFM[/youtube]

Right, here is what is up with Chelsea - I like her, she usually makes fun of the right people and she's funny as hell, but I hated that she would always look into the camera and sarcastically say "Michael Jackson.." when she was talking about him, and everybody would laugh before the punch line, cause you "know" something "ridiculous" is going to follow (before he passed).

However, after the day she spoke about TII (video above), she has become, literally, intolerant of stupid MJ jokes. The LMP marriage is just one example. She is not saying "you are stupid, shut the ef up" as she should to her panel when they go on with their jokes, but she does look pissed, and doesn't like it, and doesn't make fun of him herself anymore. In order to realize it, you have to have seen the glee with which she trashed him before she saw TII, and the anger in her eyes now when others do that.

Umm, exactly how are you guys perceiving the "he has a hit movie" line as an insult to MJ? Clearly she's taking a dig at Nicholas Cage by implying that Cage doesn't have good luck in that department. I thought it was funny as hell.

Then again, looking for a cause to "defend" Michael over even when it's totally unnecessary is a lot of people's M.O.
Yeah when I look at it again it seemed more like she was taking a dig at nic for not having success as of late with his films making money.

She is not saying "you are stupid, shut the ef up" as she should to her panel when they go on with their jokes, but she does look pissed, and doesn't like it, and doesn't make fun of him herself anymore. In order to realize it, you have to have seen the glee with which she trashed him before she saw TII, and the anger in her eyes now when others do that.

Maybe she's becoming a fan like her boyfriend [who is the reason she saw TII]. Didn't she say something to the effect of not getting the whole MJ thing until she saw TII?

um she KEPT the show b/c of him. they broke up, her show was in jeopardy, and now it's not cuz they'reback together again. she's a hater

Maybe she's becoming a fan like her boyfriend [who is the reason she saw TII]. Didn't she say something to the effect of not getting the whole MJ thing until she saw TII?

She says that she really appreciates MJ after she saw TII, which is understandable, because people who didn't care enough to find out more about Michael never realized how amazingly rounded an artist he is, and how sweet and caring and cute a person he is. TII shows both sides really well. I forced all my friends to see it and they all thanked me after the movie, this happens to everyone who sees it!

Back