Charity banner

THE CHARITY BANNER:
Some fans are going to make a HUGE banner with a short letter saying something along the lines of:

"In remembrance of one of the greatest humanitarians this world has ever seen, Michael Jackson's fans have donated money to _____ charity in his name. Michael, thank you for showing this world such unconditional love and for inspiring us to be better people. We will carry on your legacy of giving and you will shine on in our hearts forever."

The writing will most likely be done in paint and it will be BIG so that the media and the people there purely for the spectacle can see it. We REALLY want Michael's message to be heard. We want people to realize what Michael did with his life and what was closest to his heart--healing the world/charities. This banner will be hung somewhere outside of the memorial service and funeral.

So, I urge you to PLEASE join us and donate ANYTHING YOU CAN to the cause.

THE CHARITY:
As of now: Make a Wish Foundation, because that's what the majority of fans want thus far. We are also looking into the legitimacy of the Heal the World Foundation (being relaunched or not). One of these two we will donate to.

THE DEADLINE:
I wanted the deadline to be the night before the memorial service (probably Monday??) but if a number of people would like it extended to the end of the week, I will extend it. As of now, the deadline is the night before the memorial service.

HOW TO DONATE:
-Sign up for an account (if you don't already have one) with PayPal. www.paypal.com.
-Send money to this paypal account:

slave_to_the_rhythm58@yahoo.com

(Be sure to spell rhythm correctly and the spaces are underscores.)

HOW WILL YOU KNOW YOUR MONEY IS REALLY GOING TO CHARITY:
-I will be forwarding the email receipt I get from the charity we donate to. Simply write me an email with your email address to that same email:
slave_to_the_rhythm58@yahoo.com.

-I can also give updates as to how we are doing. As this is being posted, we have only had five people donate. The total is $92. WE CAN DO BETTER THAN THIS!!!

WHY SHOULD YOU DONATE?
By 2006, Michael donated over $300 MILLION to charities. He was one man. We are MANY!

Thank you SO MUCH for reading and for donating! Michael will be so happy...

-Kristie

PS-For any questions, comments, concerns, or ideas, please feel free to email me at:
slave_to_the_rhythm58@yahoo.com

Back