Challenge to the remixers here: Chicago

HIStory

Proud Member
I'm in love with the demo and I would love to hear a remix that is closer to the mood and style of the original. I feel it's airy, meditative - I so love it. Can you make a remix that captures the mood of the original better than Timbaland?

Absolutely, there is a hidden gem in that demo. The verses are soo smooth and enigmatic, the demo is just amazing. Cmon remixers, do something with it

I love Chicago.. I think I might try to make the remix and close to the original.

It would be much easier if we had the stem recordings for this, but I will say that the atmosphere Chicago lets off is astounding. It's just a shame that it doesn't do anything particularly interesting with it. A heavy drum track, maybe some guitars, would make this a Michael Jackson classic.

I am happy Timbo reworked that one. But I am interested in other fan-versions :)

It would be much easier if we had the stem recordings for this, but I will say that the atmosphere Chicago lets off is astounding. It's just a shame that it doesn't do anything particularly interesting with it. A heavy drum track, maybe some guitars, would make this a Michael Jackson classic.

That's why i'm interested in the 2010 version! Damian wrote it was ornamented with guitars on the choruses and so good!

Someone should also make a mix of Blue Gangsta with Timbos version and the leaked 2010 version.

I love the song, I wanted to start work on it the second I heard the demo, but the demo is mastered badly and the Hi-Hats/Percussion is so loud in the mix it ruins any chance of a good remix :(

I love the song, I wanted to start work on it the second I heard the demo, but the demo is mastered badly and the Hi-Hats/Percussion is so loud in the mix it ruins any chance of a good remix :(

Man i don't understand what's with some of these demos. Some instruments are louder than others, like really loud, there is no way any musician would have left them at that level, and they worked on some of the tracks for years. Blue Gangsta is basically just drums and bass with a punch of brass, but the version with tempremental is close to the 2010 leak that we got. Wasn't these Demos suppose to be the latest versions Michael worked on?

Right! I feel almost the same way about it too.

I think kais version is pretty awesome. He posted it lately

you wont beat the new version of chicago imo its so good its untrue

I think the original is absolutely perfect the way it is. Such a haunting song. I absolutely love. The bass in the chorus is perfection.

What do you like on the original?

I never heard such a weak demo before.. Maybe DIG^^

What do you like on the original?

I never heard such a weak demo before.. Maybe DIG^^

Its probably weak because the backing track its in MONO, I mean you can tell by hearing it, that it was mixed in stereo. I feel they purposly screwed up some of these demos to make their precious "Original Versions" sound better.

This is my favorite demo off of this album now. The feel to it is amazing. You cant paint a picture in your head with the story. I feel the Timbaland version is not how the song should sound. The demo has the 90's R&B sound.

Back