CBSsports article-Michael Jackson's glove saves Bradford

Ankita

Proud Member
Sam Bradford wasn’t supposed to begin throwing passes until the end of this week. Instead, the healing power of Michael Jackson’s favorite accessory made it possible for him actually to begin airing out his arm on Wednesday.

Which is great news for the Rams, considering it was initially thought that the second-year quarterback might have suffered nerve damage in his right index finger during last Sunday’s loss to the Eagles.

You think Rams fans were relieved? How about the man in question?

"I really was worried about it," Bradford said, via the St. Louis Post Dispatch. "I wouldn't have come out of the game if it wasn't serious. I couldn't feel (the finger). I couldn't move it that night, and so I really was concerned. But our training staff's done a great job. It's starting to come around."

For that, he can thank the glove he had to wear while he rehabbed the finger. The glove that is dunked in water, wrung out, plugged into an electrical stimulation unit and worn on the hand while the recipient feels an electrical current that forces him to moon-walk across the training room floor (the glove is supposed to reduce the swelling in the hand, which is why the patient is explicitly told not to grab his crotch and scream at any point during the process). The glove that looks like the fashion statement Michael Jackson used to make.

"Everyone says I look like Michael Jackson, “Bradford said. “They send like an electrical current through it; I don't really know what it does, though. They say it works, and obviously my hand feels better, so I trust 'em. So I guess it is working."

It worked for Michael Jackson, for sure. Whether it will work to keep Bradford’s throwing hand healthy when St. Louis faces the Giants on Monday, that remains to be seen. But if it’s Michael Jackson-endorsed, I don’t see how wearing a white glove wouldn’t turn you into a star (if only this was the Motown 25 show from 1983 and not Monday Night Football).

But as far you actually seeing Bradford wear the glove on Sunday? Nope.

"Uh-uh," Bradford said. "There's no way. I've tried it, and it's not pretty. It's not for me."

Bradford is right about one thing. The Michael Jackson glove isn’t pretty. It’s awesome, and we feel he should wear the glove, regardless of whether he’s comfortable (or whether he can grip the ball).

Source: http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/e...75988/32003889

Back