Caro Emerald (Beats MJ;new record holder for most weeks at nr.1 spot in Holland)

xrisx

Proud Member
I know most people on this board will go...who?
But she's a new dutch singer on the rise.
In fact she has just beaten Michael's record for 26 weeks at the nr.1 spot with Thriller with her debut album here in Holland. (she has now been nr.1 for 27 weeks)

I can't hate her for it though. Her album is good and she doesn't need to take her clothes of to sell her songs (which in my opion always is a good thing). But it still sucks a little as an MJ fan ;) .

She is planning on releasing her album in other countries now.
So for people who love discovering new singers take a listen to some of her songs.
I don't really know what to compare her songs too. Kind of like Christina Aguilera's back to basics kind of sound but more laidback and fun.

She's an MJ fan though. She said after hearing she beat the record:
"This is crazy, I almost feel like it is wrong that I have the record now instead of him. Thriller is my favorite album." She said more but you get the idea.
She also said that he still sold a lot more records than her in his time at the nr.1 spot.
He sold 1 million albums back then and she has sold....170.000. I guess that really shows how the record industry has taken a dive since then.

But what do you guys think of her?

Back