Captain EO Is Coming Back (For Sure) At Disneyland Next January

Status
Not open for further replies.

moonwalker5885

Proud Member
According to the Hollywood Reporter - and to my sources, too! - Captain Eo should come back at Disneyland next January. Apparently the huge success of the "this is it" documentary - 220 Milion $ worldwide in two weeks had some effects on the WDC. I hope that DLP executives will also have the intelligence to put Captain Eo back in Paris Magic Kingdom as "Honey I Schrunk the Audience", just like everywhere, is not popular any more.

The good news about this come back of Captain Eo is that 3D effects should be enhanced and Imagineers will probably use the "moving floor" effect from "Honey, I Schrunk the Audience" during some scenes of Captain Eo - like when his ship crashes on the planet, for instance.

Watch for Al Lutz next update on Miceage - may be later today - as i won't be surprised if Al, who was the first to reveal the comeback of Captain Eo, had more details about it. Al in one of his previous update also revealed that Disney intend to keep Captain Eo at DL during four months after what the show should be replaced by "Monsters Inc Laugh Floor" - that's the bad news part of the story - a news which has infuriated Disneyland fans as nobody seems to be a big fan of that show that opened this year at WDW Magic Kingdom. And of course it will also mean the end of 3D movies at DL Tomorrowland Theatre...

Source: http://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/2009/11/captain-eo-is-coming-back-for-sure-at.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back