Captain EO DVD - Real or fanmade?

Captain EO has not been officially released. If it was, you wouldn't be buying it of ebay. :)

Captain EO has not been officially released. If it was, you wouldn't be buying it of ebay. :)

I know that it is not released officially by MJ but I thought maybe it was released by Disney as promo. It looks very professional to me.

isn't it the other way round? why shouldn't you buy original recordings off ebay? - I buy a lot of second hand original cd's, vinyls dvd etc. Ebay try to prevent bootleg sales, espicially focussing on those homemade ones - it just is very hard to limit these sales.

Your first argument is valid :) the film is not officially releaced hence it will always be a bootleg. what kind of bootleg is another discussion.

Last edited:
^^^ isn't it the other way round? why shouldn't you buy original recordings off ebay? - I buy a lot of second hand original cd's, vinyls dvd etc. Ebay try to prevent bootleg sales, espicially focussing on those homemade ones - it just is very hard to limit these sales.

Your first argument is valid :) the film is not officially releaced hence it will always be a bootleg. what kind of bootleg is another discussion.

You're right, I purchased once a Bad Tour Wembley dvd from one seller on ebay but they blocked my purchase and informed me that it's not genuine.

^^^ in these cases sellers are getting kicked out of ebay - they are less agressive with the old school bootlegs though, those from back when everything wasnt on-line. the so-called "official bootlegs" or "100% unofficial recording" proffessionally pressed. They just don't like perople downloading from the internet and selling it off - and so don't we :)

I know that it is not released officially by MJ but I thought maybe it was released by Disney as promo. It looks very professional to me.

I that was the case the price would be higher, as it would be a collectors item and you can be damn sure the seller would write promotional copy - it would also be on the case insert "Promotional copy only - not for resale". and the seller would most likely have added the story behind obtaining the promo.

isn't it the other way round? why shouldn't you buy original recordings off ebay? - I buy a lot of second hand original cd's, vinyls dvd etc. Ebay try to prevent bootleg sales, espicially focussing on those homemade ones - it just is very hard to limit these sales.

If you wanted it new, you would most likely be getting it off HMV and Amazon. Not ebay. If they were real, then they would sell them then.

Back