Can you hear the "game-like" sounds in PYT 2008?

SoS

Proud Member
Donations
$15.00
...or has anyone not noticed there are game-like sounds in there :lol: besides me?

You can hear what I'm talking about best after 3:54 :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVgnHzZ_aXI

I was wondering if it could be the original Sonic? or a later version? :unsure: or something composed for this song?

Just wondering if maybe everyone recognized it except me :blush:

:scratch: 'cuz thus far I've been baffled

any guesses? :) :popcorn:

Last edited:
Re: Can you recognize the GAME sounds in PYT 2008?

Yeah I had the same idea.
But it sounds also a little like Mario.

Not to burst anyones bubble but it's probably just some synthesizer patch + running you hand over the synthesizer - definitely not sampled from a video game :)

lol, no worries

ok, so it was created synthetically to sound like a video game

what amounts to 'an original piece' of sorts

LOL I never even thought of it like that until I saw this thread. :lol:

^ :giggle:

MJ uses all kinds of sounds in his music - 'sound effects' so to speak

haven't you noticed? breaking glass, car motors, foghorns, rain storms, cow bells (well a cowbell is an instrument i think lol) all kinds of sounds - makes it very theatrical

sounds like music from kirby, specifically kirby's dream world

^ ya know that's very familiar now that you say that - even if its sythesized something created for the remake, it does seem to have a similiar type sound maybe

i've just been trying to figure out what that game sound reminds me of and that may be it, or kind of similiar type sounds

I doubt it was put there with any intention of sounding like a video game.

^ :giggle:

MJ uses all kinds of sounds in his music - 'sound effects' so to speak

haven't you noticed? breaking glass, car motors, foghorns, rain storms, cow bells (well a cowbell is an instrument i think lol) all kinds of sounds - makes it very theatrical

Yeah I mean listen to a song like "She Drives Me Wild", that song is practically built of different car samples. :)

^ true. In the beginning of SDMW an entire scenario plays out because you can hear an engine start up, then a thud, like somebody's been hit lol then you hear sirens like the ambulance is coming and horns honking like a traffic jam - why he would want to run over someone who "drives him wild" is interesting lol but its all very theatrical and subject to interpretation

this version of PYT sounds to me like an assortment of video game-like 'sounds' - maybe its not one specific one but a random assortment of different ones - maybe that's why its hard to identify, plus I guess he'd have 'copyright' issues with using an actual one - it may be some pinball machine sounds too - that Kirby one is close I think too. . . its something that it reminds me of and I can't think what it is ... I feel we're getting close tho, or at least an idea maybe

I doubt it was put there with any intention of sounding like a video game.
If it sounds like that some some, why do you doubt its supposed to sound like that? What does it sound like to you? :) Maybe you will solve the whole lil puzzle.

There is no puzzle about it, it sounds good, so its there, MJ could have had nothing to do with it, Will.iam could have stuck it in and said, "whaddya think Mike?" and he said he liked it. I very much doubt Michael said I want that sound from Sonic at the end of the track. Theres the smallest chance in the world that I could be wrong, but I don't think I am :D

^ :lol: that made me laugh, you're funny

no I agree that's how it could have come about

that still doesn't address game sounds we hear, orrrr, are you simply saying they don't sound like "game sounds" to you?

:giggle: I still wanna know what it sounds like to u

Well I still play Mario, Kirby and Sonic on my Megadrive and my SNES (which is powered on for no reason at the moment) and if that sound was from one of those game sI'm sure I would have recognised it. Though I do see/hear where your coming from.

Well I still play Mario, Kirby and Sonic on my Megadrive and my SNES (which is powered on for no reason at the moment) and if that sound was from one of those game sI'm sure I would have recognised it. Though I do see/hear where your coming from.
The part i bolded is what i was hoping someone would say for 'process of elimination', thanks!! I tried changing the title of this thread to "game-like" sounds. Doesn't look like the changes 'took' :unsure: or maybe I have to exit and re-enter the thread to see the changes. Ineehooo...thanks for that input! :flowers: 'ppreciate it

Back