Can someone fill me in please?

This Is It

Proud Member
It's been months and months since I've visited any MJ forum (since MaxJax closed), so coming out of the wilderness to see a whole section dedicated to Bad 25 here is pretty exciting.

I'm not looking for a whole catch-up, but would somebody be kind enough to post a short summary of what this is all about (and, in addition to that, if anything important has leaked/released so far this year)? I've flicked through stuff about Don't Be Messin' Around and a tour DVD, but I'm too lazy to go through every page on every thread, so a few bullet points would be perfect.

Cheers all!

Welllllllllllll, if you read the press release for Bad 25 you'll pretty much get all the info.

Nothing has leaked per se. There's a 30 second preview of Don't Be Messin' 'Round kicking about, the single is appearing in various territories over the next fortnight.

The Wembley DVD on the way is taken from a 'recently unearthed' 'personal VHS copy' from the jumbotron screens. Following the the preview serviced to media outlets, fans are concerned about quality.

We have nothing re: tracklists for the DVD or extra CDs in the box set.

Oh and there's an Afrojack remix of Bad doing the rounds - it's being given away as part of the Pepsi promotion.

Anyone think of anything else? *shrugs*

I'm in the same boat as you are. School kept me out of the loop for months and now I'm back and bombarded with all of this great, exciting Michael craze!

It's been months and months since I've visited any MJ forum (since MaxJax closed), so coming out of the wilderness to see a whole section dedicated to Bad 25 here is pretty exciting.

I'm not looking for a whole catch-up, but would somebody be kind enough to post a short summary of what this is all about (and, in addition to that, if anything important has leaked/released so far this year)? I've flicked through stuff about Don't Be Messin' Around and a tour DVD, but I'm too lazy to go through every page on every thread, so a few bullet points would be perfect.

Cheers all!

Basically we are getting 25th anniversary of Bad which is the original album, a cd of untouched demos and remixes, a cd of Wembley stadium live audio, and a DVD of wembley stadium live concert. You can buy the 3CD/DVD in one set or buy the 2CD version (no concert audio) and DVD seperately. The single I Just Can't Stop Loving You is buying reissued as a CD with the bonus demo Dont Be Messin Around, on June 5th in the US and the 1st in Germany (today). They are also re-releasing the single in vinyl format however it doesn't have the bonus track and just has "Baby Be Mine" like the original b-side. Spike Lee is also making a documentary about the Bad Tour.

That should pretty much sum everything up.

Not to get off topic, and not trying to promote another site because MJJC is always number 1 for me, but what happened to MaxJax forums? I'd go there occassionally and just one day....boom it was gone just like the old MJIFC, MJNI and Planet Jackson sites....

Back