Can I Just Say.......

Cinnamon234

Proud Member
Can I just say that vocally, Michael friggin' killed it on "Invincible"?!!! I just gotta give it up to him for that.

Seriously, I know i've bad talked this album before and many people trash it but his voice on this album is outta this world! "Invincible" also has some of Mike's best ballads ever imo. I was listening to the album the other day and forgot how much I really love songs like "Butterflies", "Break Of Dawn", "Whatever Happens" and "Heaven Can Wait". "Speechless" is another one that although it is not my fave song on the album, I gotta say that his voice is absolutely beautiful in it. Mike's voice on the ballads on Vince are so clear and smooth. I swear no one layers their voice better than Mike :wub:. I think the ballads are the best part of the album.

Last edited:
Can I just say that vocally, Michael friggin' killed it on "Invincible"?!!! I just gotta give it up to him for that.

Seriously, I know i've bad talked this album before and many people trash it but his voice on this album is outta this world! "Invincible" also has some of Mike's best ballads ever imo. I was listening to the album the other day and forgot how much I really love songs like "Butterflies", "Break Of Dawn", "Whatever Happens" and "Heaven Can Wait". "Speechless" is another one that although it is not my fave song on the album, I gotta say that his voice is absolutely beautiful in it. Mike's voice on the ballads on Vince are so clear and smooth. I swear no one layers their voice better than Mike :wub:. I think the ballads are the best part of the album.
I agree, and ballads are Michael's favourite so you can imagine this album MJ was really happy with the efforet he made. I love Invincible, but I think it is because of the ballads mainly. Invincible is magic to me. I used to listen to it to and from work and I was in a trace, I felt as if I hadn't a care in the world. I love Invincible.:wub:

Yep, beautiful beautiful beautiful voice! :wub: :wub:

What do you expect? That's Michael!!! :wild:

haha, I knew it. I remember you.
They all will convert one day, I telling you. Invincible's a good album.
The vocals are amazing.
Whatever Happens? Speechless? Butterflies? Break Of Dawn? Don't Walk Away? amazing.

Last edited:
I agree!

But it seems as if his voice was a bit sore in Whatever Happens. Even though it is my fav song on the album, I think there was something , like he had a cold.
But other than that, amazing vocals, especially the end.

^^ Yeah it did seem like he was straining his voice a little on Whatever Happens. Or maybe he purposely did that to help express the emotion of the song or something. :unsure:

I love his voice on Butterflies :wub: and you can hear it really clearly on the a capella.

Favorite vocal line on all of Invincible:

"Your Looooooooooove is magicalll.....thats how I feeeeeeel."

Just the way he extends on some of the vowels and the shapes of the vowels too.....GAH, I love it!

*sigh* good old invincible........

Michael's vocals have always been beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh Invincible is one of my faves...people always trash it and it's so unfair.
IMO it's his best vocally speaking, I mean just listen to speechless, it's awesome.
'But in your pressence I'm lost for woooooooooooords...' :wub:

He had a lot of colds during the recording of "Invincible", yet still managed to sound incredible on them. I don't think I've ever heard a singer emoting that much and in that manner. He sounds as if he is either carried away by feathers in the zephyrs at night, or rooted deep in the ground, singing with his innermost being, until cracking it under, in a truly rich and organic voice, as though from his bowels and bones. I've never heard anything like that before..

I love many songs from "Invincible": "Don't Walk Away"; "Break of Dawn", "Heaven Can Wait"; "Butterflies", "2000 Watts'; "Cry"; "Whatever Happens"; "Unbreakable", "You Rock My World", or "The Lost Children". Really, really underated, and it is sad that it is not one of those memorable albums from many critics' or fans' points of view. It is a beautiful, beautiful album, the first one of his as a father, so its meaning consolidates.

lol.....thanks for catchin up to what i always knew. lol:lol:

Michael's voice is gorgeous, as always. "Whatever Happens" was just stylized, kind of like "Baby Be Mine" is stlylized. Michael's a genius when it comes to emoting.

His voice is the most incredibly rich, expressive, sweet and beautiful voice I've ever heard, and that simply continued on this underrated album.

Absolutely agree with you Cinnamon! :yes: His voice is amazing on Invincible, espceially in the ballads. They are beautiful!!!!!! Whatever happens, Don't walk away, Break of dawn, Speechless, those are some of my all time favourite songs from Michael.

and :yes: Alma it's his first album as a father and you can tell it by listening to these songs. He sings them with even more emotion and so smooth.

Absolutely agree with you Cinnamon! :yes: His voice is amazing on Invincible, espceially in the ballads. They are beautiful!!!!!! Whatever happens, Don't walk away, Break of dawn, Speechless, those are some of my all time favourite songs from Michael.

and :yes: Alma it's his first album as a father and you can tell it by listening to these songs. He sings them with even more emotion and so smooth.

Yes, good observation. He really had something even more fatherly than before in his voice by the way he emotes there.

Favorite vocal line on all of Invincible:

"Your Looooooooooove is magicalll.....thats how I feeeeeeel."

Just the way he extends on some of the vowels and the shapes of the vowels too.....GAH, I love it!

The first or the second time ? :D

I've never understood why so many people slam this album, it's actually really good. Michael's vocals are top-notch, and the songs are well written and performed.

Whatever Happens, he wasn't straining. He was being stylistic. he was being "preachy" a la end-of-Earth-Song.

And that stylistic choice is a tip-of-the-hat to James Brown. It sounded great.

The ballads on this album are BEAAAUUUUUTIFUL. I just think this album is SOOOO underrated, it's sad.

Michael put his ALL into those ballads. His voice is so mature and smooth!

Back