Cameron, Curious George, and Autism

CindyRilla

Proud Member
One of our twin boys, Cameron, (diagnosed with Autism), LOVES Curious George.

Cameron in a way, is much like the cartoon character from "Curious George "
Cameron has the same fun, loving, innocent curiosity just like George...

The way Cameron discovers the world around him, how he responds and
at times, in HIS way shares it with me, is much like this music video.

This song, the LYRICS, and the videos (see below) remind me of my dear son Cameron.
Cameron loves this song & the videos too! (and his favorite color is RED, he LOVES WATER, and BUBBLES too! LOL)

Anyway, I thought to share this...maybe some of you can relate to what I mean..
In any case, the music video might bring you a smile as it has for Cameron and me :)

Lyrics:
Upside Down ~ Jack Johnson

Who's to say
What's impossible
Well they forgot
This world keeps spinning
And with each new day
I can feel a change in everything
And as the surface breaks reflections fade
But in some ways they remain the same
And as my mind begins to spread it's wings
There's no stopping curiosity

(Chorus):
I want to turn the whole thing upside down
I'll find the things they say just can't be found
I'll share this love I find with everyone
We'll sing and dance to Mother Nature's songs
I don't want this feeling to go away

Who's to say
I can't do everything
Well I can try
And as I roll along I begin to find
Things aren't always just what they seem

(Chorus)
I want to turn the whole thing upside down
I'll find the things they say just can't be found
I'll share this love I find with everyone
We'll sing and dance to Mother Nature's songs

This world keeps spinning and there's no time to waste
Well it all keeps spinning spinning round and round and

Upside down
Who's to say what's impossible and can't be found

Please don't go away
Please don't go away
Please don't go away
Is this how it's supposed to be
Is this how it's supposed to be?
sexysearchjj3.jpg

&nbsp

Watch in larger view / or Download this from HERE

(click on FULL SCREEN button for best view )

Here is another version of this wonderful music video found here shown with Jack Johnson:

&nbsp

Song lyrics | Upside Down lyrics

Thank you Cameron, George and Jack Johnson! :clapping:

Last edited by a moderator:
Aww, that's so sweet. Gene is really attracted to cartoons - now he's bigger he likes comics too :yes:

Thanks for posting this, it's good to know that people can do something so simple as visiting a link in order to help people with this condition. Your boys are so cute!

I've referred to my little brother as Curious George before. Also Moghli for his habit of running around jumping off of crap in the nude. He's autistic also.

Cindy dear,

Both the song and the video, are very beautiful and brought tears to my eyes.

Hang in there great mom.You for sure have a very gifted child,that only didn't have time,or dosen't knows how,to show everything he is able and will be able to do one day.

God Bless you and the twins.hugs

WOW!!! You guys are SOOOOO AWESOME! Thank you so much for putting up with my way of dealing with this... (((BIG LOVING HUGE HUGS TO YOU ALL)) :wub:

I don't hate Autism, I just hate the way our Insurance slams the door on our face when we ask for HELP for Cameron and instead only offer DRUGS as a solution to our NON violent son. We've paid month after month, YEARS after YEARS with Kaiser, and have RARELY ever used it, but when we need it now for Cameron, they are not there...

Watch this quickie video I did up / also read the comments to this video called:
NO DRUGS FOR CAMERON!

I hate that there is very little or no support, no treatments, or services, or therapy for Cameron. All Kaiser wants to do to handle this is push DRUGS (ie: Ritalin) without even giving our little guy a chance with therapy! That ticks me off to no end.

When I came home and told my husband what one drug lady at Kaiser wanted to give Cameron (after waiting 3 months to see this hag!) He looked up the drug, and was in tears when he read this page: Child dies from Ritalin

sorry, I'm ranting on... I get so mad (and tired) ... come August 2008, it will be ONE YEAR that we've had his diagnosis, and we still have not received any help whatsoever other than the offer of DRUGS from Kaiser. Apparently Kaiser is above Oregon state law (now full parity as of Jan 2008) that prevents insurance companies from discriminating.... like Kaiser does. How they get away with it is beyond me.

I can't wait until Jan 2009... we are definitely going with another insurance company through my husbands work and it's bye bye for GOOD with Kaiser!

Anyway, thank you for checking out the Curious George Video! It's one of Cameron's favorites.

Last edited:
Your complaints sound like exactly what my mom is always saying.

Cindy, have you ever related the lyrics of "Ben" to your son? I think of my brother when I hear it.

Your complaints sound like exactly what my mom is always saying.

Cindy, have you ever related the lyrics of "Ben" to your son? I think of my brother when I hear it.

YES YES YES.... ohhhhh yes I have!!!! How cool you have thought the same thing!

And I am so sorry to have brought up this topic about Autism - I know that it can strike a cord with so many now around the world...
I never knew that your brother was Autistic as well. ((hugs)) May I ask how old he is?

It's strange this Autism.. they (media, science, doctors etc) spin it like crazy.. how it can be genetic, or from vaccines, or that if you have one child with Autism, your chances of your next child with Autism is like 50%... etc.

It just boggles my mind how Cameron got this but NOT Andrew. *sigh* My daughter, Nelja, much older and from my previous marriage is also NOT Autistic.

Well, she didn't get 36 VACCINES by the time she hit 4 years old either like the twins did. She only had 8 vaccines by the time she hit her twin brother's age.

There's this great sad but true quote I read on Autism Speaks forum that I now have as a siggy in my email:

"Have you been touched by autism yet? Just wait, and do nothing......you will be."

Last edited:
May I ask how old he is?

He's 12. Almost 13. He barely talks other than a few particular words; he does signs. One thing about him is that he's totally like a baby in demeanor, even his face and expressions. He's pretty small for his age too. Makes it easier for everyone he meets to like him usually. I wonder what it'll be like when he looks grown up. Won't be different to me, I don't think, but he won't have that "cute baby" thing with strangers anymore.

Back