Calling All Papas!

Sdeidjs

Proud Member
This Sunday is the day we celebrate that wonderful character we all call Dad. The first observance of Father's Day is believed to have taken place on July 5, 1908, in a church in Fairmont, West Va.

Being a father is one of the most precious titles, and even though my children are not young kids anymore, I still enjoy being a dad.

I want to extend a special shout-out to fathers who are hands-on and involved in their children’s lives. Almost any male can have a child, but it takes a real man to be a father and earn that coveted title of Dad.

If you have not been the kind of father you wish you had been, I suggest that you begin making up for lost time immediately. If, on the other hand, you have already earned your Dad badge, enjoy your day and embrace your children! Happy Father’s Day, everyone!

Wishing You Great Health,
Dr. John H. Sklare

:angel:Our Children Our The Future

^ Great post! :)

I know my dad's very special in so many ways. I hope the dad's of the board will stop by this thread but if they're too shy to own up to whatever kind of dad they are, I just want to say HAPPY OLE PAPPY'S DAY! to each and every one.

(everytime my dad calls me he says, "heyyy this is yo' ole pappy :giggle: )

and he always sends me chocolates or flowers or something for my birthday/Valentines Day :wub:

Fathers' Day always makes me miss my daddy so much ...

...and always makes me forget when I'm mad at him :cheeky: :giggle: (dad's can be nerve wracking sometimes too but its all meant with good intentions)

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!!! :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: To All the Papas of the board!!!

^ Great post! :)

I know my dad's very special in so many ways. I hope the dad's of the board will stop by this thread but if they're too shy to own up to whatever kind of dad they are, I just want to say HAPPY OLE PAPPY'S DAY! to each and every one.

(everytime my dad calls me he says, "heyyy this is yo' ole pappy :giggle: )

and he always sends me chocolates or flowers or something for my birthday/Valentines Day :wub:

Fathers' Day always makes me miss my daddy so much ...

...and always makes me forget when I'm mad at him :cheeky: :giggle: (dad's can be nerve wracking sometimes too but its all meant with good intentions)

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!!! :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: To All the Papas of the board!!!

:angel:precious~~~

Honoring Our Dads
For many of us, our fathers are our heroes. We appreciate them for their love and guidance. A good father can set an example of strength, honor, sacrifice, and responsibility. On Father's Day, we honor dads for their love and the lessons they have taught us.

Any man can be a father. It takes someone special to be a dad.

[/center]- Unknown [/center][/center][/center]

I cannot think of any need in childhood as strong as the need for a father's protection.

- Sigmund Freud

[/center][/center]
My father gave me the greatest gift anyone could give another person, he believed in me.

- Jim Valvano

Last edited:
^ words so true.

When I was growing up, my dad was really focused on his own life and career but he threw books at me - required reading or else! lol and I'm really glad he did.

I think of my dad whenever I listen to this song ... and although my dad is still with us, may this song serve as a comfort to someone who's lost theirs or for whatever reason theirs may be missed. Whether or not this fits your dad, it may fit your need for that 'daddy' feeling. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GL6860py0Z8&feature=related

and another (shorter) version

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZ9hFhnjyUo&feature=related

Last edited:
Back