Calling all Brazilians!!! Help please

mjroxworld

Proud Member
If you are from Brazil, PLEASE can you help me???

This year our family is celebrating an international Christmas. Each of our children chose a different country to learn about and celebrate Christmas traditions from. One of the countries chosen was Brazil. Well I am in a dilemma as, everywhere I look on the internet, they talk about COLORED RICE as being part of the Christmas feast. However, nowhere do they mention how to MAKE the colored rice!! Very frustrating.

So if any of you could please, please, PLEASE share a recipe for colored rice, it would be extremely appreciated. Thank you very much. You can either post it here in the thread or PM me. I love you!!

im not too sure .. but is this the rice where you add food coloring..if so im assuming you dye it with food coloring and thats it
two directions mentioned putting rice in a bag with food coloring
http://www.dltk-kids.com/recipesdb/view.asp?rid=202

are you cooking it or want it dry? if you cook it put the dye in the water.

at first i thought you meant cooked ethnic latin american rices like
orange rice -add tomato sause
yellow rice-tumeric
green rice-pureed green bell pepper
plus you can google these easily.

hope i help

Colored rice is made with some vegetables and other ingredients such as ham, cheese, eggs, peas....He is done with all these things and looks like colored.Look the picture:

ARROZ20COLORIDO202.jpg

I dont know if i can translated ...i will try!

Separate ingredients:

Rice (full or normal)
Corn (can be canned)
Peas (can be canned)
A large carrot
A small bunch of broccoli

The method of preparation is super easy, is similar to the rice market, the difference is the addition of plants:
1-First, wash the rice and prepare it as usual.
2-Then, when it is boiling, put the corn and peas (to taste), put a little pinprick or even carrot slices and broccoli stew.
Mix ingredients lightly with cooking the rice.
3-Then, when ready, do not expect very cool and place in a crossing refractory.
4-Embellish with broccoli and serve.

Last edited:
if you want to search more about colored rice look on google but in Portuguese.To put "Arroz Colorido". But you have to do the translation for your language.
Hope i help!:flowers:

Dri,

THANK YOU!!! I think I love you right now. ;) lol we're going to have a great Christmas. I'll let you know how it goes, k? Merry Christmas!

Reactions: Dri
Back