Buttercup (snippet) FINALLY!!!!!!

Spin My Ego

Proud Member
After waiting nearly 30 years. a snippet of "Buttercup" is out which is from the unreleased Michael Jackson album that was produced by Stevie Wonder. This is the first song ever to be released (or even leaked) of that album. It's going to be on the Jackon 5. I want you back! album!! I'm so excited i've been waiting for this forever! I'm shocked there isn't threads about this already.

check it out! *i love it*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfggqkOUB6c

Stevie gave the song to someone else. but this is the first time (to my knowledge) the original version w/ Michael has come out. The album was been much sought after and wanted by both Michael and Stevie fans. I think in interview in the 80's Michael said he hope the album would come out some day.

Ohh sounds nice, like a blend of Big Boy, I Can't Help It, and some something else :D

Thanks for posting!

So who owns the rights? I Imagine Stevie does? Needs' to beg him to release this with permission of the estate :) Been waiting for this..like forever. Just sad to hear after all that has happened.

thanks for posting this but why was the album shelved in the first place?

Not sure. But it was made right at the time Michael left motown. So it prob. has something to do with that.

As far as i know Stevie owns the rights to the music. Why he hasn't released them before is a good question. Although i've heard Stevie is very stern about releasing his old music so that might have something to do with it.

At the youtube link, the uploader said that Stevie was producing an entire album for Michael! EEEEEEEEK! Motown needs to release this! They probably didn't get to finish it, but all the songs that Stevie worked on with Michael would get a lot of attention!

At the youtube link, the uploader said that Stevie was producing an entire album for Michael! EEEEEEEEK! Motown needs to release this! They probably didn't get to finish it, but all the songs that Stevie worked on with Michael would get a lot of attention!

I was thinking the exact same thing. I want to hear everything Michael worked with Stevie on. If this snippet is any indication of what the rest sounds like, then we're in for a treat.

To my knowledge. The album was done, and from what i heard. Buttercup was suppose to be the lead the single. The album was done around 1975. So like i said earlier i speculate that it had something to do with Michael leaving Motown around that time (as to why it was never released)

It should be also noted that this album was made during Stevie's "classic period" When Stevie won the grammy's for album of the year 3 times in a row. As it was the time Michael was starting to go into his own. So this album could be a true lost treasure.

Back