Burlesque clip: 'Something's Got A Hold On Me' (Christina Aguilera)

rockstar

Proud Member
Burlesque clip: 'Something's Got A Hold On Me' (Christina Aguilera)

if (window.yt.timing) { yt.timing.tick('bf'); } (function() { var isIE = /*@cc_on!@*/false; var swfHTML = (isIE) ? "

\n\t\n\t\n\t\n\t\n\t\t\t
\n\t\t\n\t\t\n\t\t\t\t\t\tYou need Adobe Flash Player to watch this video.
Download it from Adobe.\n\t\t\n\t\t\n\t\n" : "\n\t\n\t\n\t\n\t\n\t\t\t
\n\t\t\n\t\t\n\t\t\t\t\t\tYou need Adobe Flash Player to watch this video.
Download it from Adobe.\n\t\t\n\t\t\n\t\n"; document.write(swfHTML); })();

I saw the trailer and this movie looks tragic. It will be destroyed by the critics. It looks to be lining itself up to be the PG follow up to Showgirls. Funny how Christina's "Lady Marmalade" video is much more Burlesque than anything shown in the movie trailer. Very ironic. I feel really bad for Christina because this is going to further embarrass her fans.

Last edited:
I like her style in make up & clothes in this movie, she looks great .

I know nothing about the movie, but maaaan!!!
Her voice is AMAZING!!! All my respect for that!!
:eek:

While I don't enjoy all of her music, the power of her voice is amazing. Going back through the years, having seen alot of her performances on You Tube, it absolutely amazes me the range and strength she has, and she's such a little thing. Lady Marmalade blew me away.

Damn that's a powerful voice. A lot of times it annoys me when she oversings shit but not the case here.

Christina really got my attention after watching this performance of Lady Marmalade along with Pink, Mya, Lil Kim, and last but not least, Patti LaBelle.

In addition to Christina, Pink also caught my interest considering it was probably the first time I had ever seen her perform. Patti ends it by showing what having "pipes" really means.

For those that have never seen it, definitely worth a look-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agpYPQABGXQ

She did a great job. Not better than the original, tho. You can hear her voice's gotten a lot thicker and deeper now that she's been in the game for like 10 years now.

Gotta show some love to the original by Etta James. I heard Christina looks up to her very much and she got to meet her in person some years ago.

Something's Got A Hold On Me - Etta James
[youtube]W91a4Kg_Gh8[/youtube]

one of the live versions
*She switched it up to make it faster and more fierce. I get goosebumps listening and watching, just experiencing the whole thing.
[youtube]WzibSiJv8hc[/youtube]

Back