Bun B On Michael Jackson: ‘Let That Man Rest In Peace’

billyworld99

Proud Member
Friday marks the one-year anniversary of the death of Michael Jackson, and as fans reflect on his life and musical legacy, Bun B says we should preserve his memory by remembering what a remarkable entertainer he was, rather than all that other stuff.

“I just wish that people would leave well enough alone,” Bun said. “It’s still a lot of mess surrounding [his death], it’s a lot of people that are willing to entertain people who are looking for mess. I’m not going to name names, ’cause everybody deals with grief differently. I think they should leave well enough alone. If they want to have one thing a year for Mike, that’s fine — of course, however they choose to honor him [privately is fine]. But I think they just need to let the fans do their thing [in celebrating]. Let that man rest in peace.”

Bun also feels that Michael’s three children should be kept out of the spotlight.

“I think they should definitely pull the kids back,” he said. “Take his children and pull them back. Dude ain’t never want that for his kids. I think that for a life of being misunderstood, and [having]miscommunications and not discussing a lot of what was going on with himself, I think the one thing we could all draw from him was that he didn’t want anybody bothering his children. He didn’t want them to deal with the type of craziness and madness that comes with being in this industry. Unfortunately, it looks like some people want to pull them in this mess for money, which is unfortunate because the estate of Michael Jackson isn’t hurting for no money. A lot of people should leave well enough alone.”

Bun B On Michael Jackson: 'Let That Man Rest In Peace' - News Story | Music, Celebrity, Artist News | MTV News

Friday marks the one-year anniversary of the death of Michael Jackson, and as fans reflect on his life and musical legacy, Bun B says we should preserve his memory by remembering what a remarkable entertainer he was, rather than all that other stuff.

“I just wish that people would leave well enough alone,” Bun said. “It’s still a lot of mess surrounding [his death], it’s a lot of people that are willing to entertain people who are looking for mess. I’m not going to name names, ’cause everybody deals with grief differently. I think they should leave well enough alone. If they want to have one thing a year for Mike, that’s fine — of course, however they choose to honor him [privately is fine]. But I think they just need to let the fans do their thing [in celebrating]. Let that man rest in peace.”

Bun also feels that Michael’s three children should be kept out of the spotlight.

“I think they should definitely pull the kids back,” he said. “Take his children and pull them back. Dude ain’t never want that for his kids. I think that for a life of being misunderstood, and [having]miscommunications and not discussing a lot of what was going on with himself, I think the one thing we could all draw from him was that he didn’t want anybody bothering his children. He didn’t want them to deal with the type of craziness and madness that comes with being in this industry. Unfortunately, it looks like some people want to pull them in this mess for money, which is unfortunate because the estate of Michael Jackson isn’t hurting for no money. A lot of people should leave well enough alone.”

Bun B On Michael Jackson: 'Let That Man Rest In Peace' - News Story | Music, Celebrity, Artist News | MTV News

Who is Bun B? Never heard about him?

i think he is refering to MJ's family....well said.

i think he is refering to MJ's family....well said.

it’s a lot of people that are willing to entertain people who are looking for mess. I’m not going to name names, ’cause everybody deals with grief differently. I think they should leave well enough alone

yeah i think this part he is referring to some family members

Rapper from the south,has several nice tracks out there and did songs with rapper Chamillionaire as well. Great words, very true!

Who is Bun B? Never heard about him?
He was in a rap group called UGK, but his partner in the group Pimp C died a little while back, either last year or 2008. I didn't listen to them, but many of my relatives listen to hip hop and it's also played a lot in my neighborhood, so I've heard some of their songs. I never figured I'd see his name on this site, lol.

:clapping::clapping::clapping: I don't even need to say anything else.....the man hit the nail on the head with his comments.

BTW....I also think his comment was directed at the family....

bun b said some cool things

''On a scale of 1-10, 10 passed away last summer, so everybody from here on out can only be 1-9.9.''..Love thatt lol

''If god gave us anything close to perfection in the music industry, It was michael jackson.''

Mj changed the way black artists were seen..Before him black artists were guest spots in white people's music..After mj , you had people like Paul Mcartney being a guest in his show...Bojangles, Sammy d and james brown broke down barriers..Mj learned from the greats and became greater

He was in a rap group called UGK, but his partner in the group Pimp C died a little while back, either last year or 2008. I didn't listen to them, but many of my relatives listen to hip hop and it's also played a lot in my neighborhood, so I've heard some of their songs. I never figured I'd see his name on this site, lol.
ev
Yep yep....Underground Kingz....I used to listen to them a lot in the 90's, even though now as an adult with children of my own I'd never want them listening to a lot of their songs....

That said, I'm glad Bun B said that. Leave Michael and his kids alone. Let MJ rest in peace...don't trash him like yall did while he was alive...and leave his kids alone to live in privacy.

Rightly said..........

Keep Away From Michael's Children!!!!!!!!

Back