Bubbles?

Misuzu

Proud Member
I'm sorry if this is inappropriate please delete it if it is!

I was wondering, what's going on with Bubbles? Would he be at the funeral or something :( :(

Sorry if this is a stupid question *hides*

is he ??? i had thought he had passed away a while ago *shrug* idk

Animal trainer Dunn, speaking to the News of the World, stated that the 26 year old chimp would miss the singer. "Bubbles definitely missed him when they parted and will miss him now. Chimpanzees are intelligent. They remember people and stuff. Bubbles and Michael were close friends and playmates. The last time Michael visited, Bubbles definitely recognised and remembered him." He revealed that Jackson thought of Bubbles as his first child. Dunn added that he hoped Jackson's children would keep in touch with their "stepbrother", following their father's death.

Both People Magazine and ET Online report that Bubbles in fact has spent the last four years living at the Center for Great Apes in Wauchula, Florida.

I posted this earlier.

1.jpg

Bubbles was born in a biomedical laboratory, but taken from his mother and sold to a Hollywood trainer while still an infant. He was purchased for Michael Jackson and soon gained fame as Jackson's pet chimpanzee. He appeared in television shows, movies, and music videos before he “retired” at age 6 or 7. When Bubbles was only 5, he toured Japan in a promotional tour with Michael Jackson. While there, he sat in on interviews with Jackson and "moonwalked" for the press. But, as he grew too strong to be around people, he lived most of his life at the trainer’s California animal compound in the company of an older chimpanzee named Sam. Both Bubbles and Sam arrived at the Center for Great Apes in March 2005 with a large group of chimpanzees, all from the entertainment world.

As a 170-pound adult male, Bubbles still lives with Sam (age 40) as well as five other chimpanzees at the sanctuary -- Oopsie, Boma, Jessie, Kodua, & little Bobby-Stryker.

Bubbles has a broad, handsome face and a lot of charisma. Though he is able to throw sand with amazing accuracy, he is extremely gentle with the youngsters, especially infant Stryker. In fact, the baby can often be seen riding around on Bubbles’ back.

Bubbles can be sensitive and dramatic. If he has any kind of cut or scratch on his body…no matter how small… he will show it many times during the day to his caregivers and ask for sympathy.
2.jpg

When Bubbles first arrived, he would not climb up to the top of his 35-foot tall habitat. He appeared to be nervous about the height and would sit on the ground and stare up at the others in his group while they played high up in the cupola. Then, one day after he had been at the sanctuary for about 5 months, he suddenly climbed up to the top and gave a loud chimp call. Now it’s one of his favorite places, and he goes to the top to play several times a day.
http://www.centerforgreatapes.org/residents-details.aspx?id=6

Haha I find this thread funny.

I dont care about Bubbles atm, hes just bubbles, and itsfunny because hes bubbles and people are reacting in a serious manner :) lol

I dont understand whats wrong with asking about Bubbles as he was part of Michaels Life. When you are putting you dont care and its irrelavant - think about how you are making the OP feel?
Why cant we take our mind off the rumors and speculation by asking the where abouts of him.
Please spare a thought before you write about how it may make the people disccusing feel.
If it is a thread on a subject which you dont want to discuss dont write anything

Bubbles tried to commit suicide in 2003. :no:

Really? I didnt think monkeys knew how to commit suicide? :\

I dont understand whats wrong with asking about Bubbles as he was part of Michaels Life. When you are putting you dont care and its irrelavant - think about how you are making the OP feel?
Why cant we take our mind off the rumors and speculation by asking the where abouts of him.
Please spare a thought before you write about how it may make the people disccusing feel.
If it is a thread on a subject which you dont want to discuss dont write anything

Your 100% right, Michael wouldnt want us to stop enjoying ourselves. It takes my mind off it. Not every thread has to be related to Michaels death atm, the minute people see others talking about something else it really gets to them. We are all thinking about Michael obviously, but we are just trying to divert our attention elsewhere for a little bit. Michael would have wanted us to be happy!

funny you mention bubbles..cnn had a story on him today..hes alive and well and the ripe old age of 26.
aww
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KpcJPYJKo4

Last edited:
Haha, Dunn said that Bubbles misses Michael and how he understands that he has passed away. :(

He's so cute! I really want to hold him! lmao!
x

So then the rumor that he's platicized in a London museum is untrue. I hope he's still alive. Apparently chimps can live until about 60?

He's alive. BIGGER, but alive!!

I have often wondered about Bubbles. I saw the show he was on.

Back