Bruno

diana79

Proud Member
Did anybody see Bruno? I just saw it this afternoon. Honestly, I didn't like it. I thought Borat was great, but Bruno just doesn't compare. The story and situations are very similiar to Borat, but I thought Bruno was just too obvious. It was also very, very raunchy.

My husband thought it was hilarious.

I saw the trailer for this last night and thought some of it was funny but not the type of film i'd go to see at the Cinema i'd download it and burn it onto a DVD :p

I really want to go see this. I find all the previews hilarious. :lol:

my friend said its like 5x worse than Borat- why?? whats so shocking about it this time? anyone seen the La Toya scene (deleted) yet?

i dont know will it be on youtube...?
someone told me theres a man...ahh how do i say this.. part talking, how do i say that rated G..lol
and he said when that part happened some people were walking out of the theater... i still dont know if he was joking with me.
he told me the movie was racist too. geez what a shock.

This O/T, but Marilyn, what is that clip of MJ in your sig from? It is so cute!

If I recall correctly, the "man part" bounces around for a while, and then says "Bruno."

It goes like this:

1. Ali G = GENIUS

2. Borat = HILARIOUS

3. Bruno = MEH

I thought it was too much shock value. Funny in parts but...it was just abit over the top.

I want to go see it, but I don't know my brother said it was not that funny and pretty awkward and uncomfortable at points. eh, Probably will anyway.

Does anyone think Sacha may be a fan of Michaels. I noticed on the trailer that he is wearing one white glove in the scene where he is with the military guys. During an appearance on Conan(after MJ's death)bruno was wearing a black top that had a thriller like shoulder design. In Borat he tells a boy in a group of black children "you look like Michael Jackson beat it". And the La toya scene being cut from the film, what some consider unfair of him and didn't expect he would do.

Borat sound clip
http://www.entertonement.com/clips/mpdsxhhtkw--Michael-JacksonSacha-Baron-Cohen-Borat-

Last edited:
Bruno is the kind of film where you'll get some cheap laughs, which I do enjoy, but you'll forget about it within ten minutes of having seen it. Or at least that's how it was for me. It's an okay way to spend an hour and a half, but it doesn't have **** on Borat.

In Borat he tells a boy in a group of black children "you look like Michael Jackson beat it".

Pretty sure that was a pun.

LOL! I actually didn't really find 'Borat' to be all that funny. It was amusing yes, but not laugh out loud funny. I think I laughed like once or twice during the whole thing. Now with 'Bruno', yes it was REALLY crude for the first twenty or thirty minutes but I REALLY laughed at this movie. I thought it was hilarious. Over the top? YES! Crude? YES! I'm not really into that kind of humor, but 'Bruno' was hysterical and I actually saw it twice on the day it opened, and the second time I took my mother (yes, my mother) who had wanted to see it, and like me, she didn't expect to laugh like she did...it was messed up but in a VERY VERY funny way, and like 'Borat', the humor had a point, to show how ignorant and closed minded people can be. I enjoyed it.

S. B. Cohen is comedy gold. LOVE HIM!

Last edited:
i thought it was pretty damn funny. everyone in the cinema where i saw it were laughing etc and even clapped at the end! it is very explicit and some bits i was laughing just coz i was so shocked at what i saw! but definitely worth a watch!

i thought it was similar to borat, same story really as they both go to america. Glad they cut the latoya part out though

some parts funny but some were disgusting like the catapult LOL.

Anywyas ive got the dl link if anyone wants it.pm me

I saw it yesterday and I thought it would be better :S
It was ok and funny sometimes but I have seen better movies.

Back