Bruce lee vs Muhammad ali

Ali is a proven 3 time world heavyweight champion

I reckon bruce Lee was probably in better shape than ali but if he had someone that big and that fast smacking him one he would get ko'ed

oo this is a really hard one ali was amazing but then so was bruce lee i think bruce lee would do him mainly due to him having speed and more moves - Ali would out box him any day i think but this isnt about stictly boxing in a ring

Bruce Lee only has a chance if its a streetfight

then again Ali can take punishment, Bruce Lee - we can't really say

I have a lot of respect for kung fu and how versatile it can be.
I'm gonna pick Bruce Lee.

'Who would win in a fight between A and B' things always crack me up. :lol:

I hate Chuck, lol.

Lee would win hands down, now if you wanna say in a boxing match, it would be a different story, but one style against the other Ali would stand no chance.

this is not a very good comparison, lets just say that the only way ali would have a chance of winning would be in a boxing match. In any other type of fight he has no chance, well the only chance he would have would be to land a one hit k.o. blow, but i doubt that would even be possible on bruce, 1. he is way too fast, 2. he is strong! dont let his size fool you, and we all know who had the better discipline. this is like comparing an mma fighter to a boxer and saying who'd win, most mma fighters can box, so once again the only chance of the boxer winning is in an actual boxing match, once they are grounded it is over. BRUCE LEE WOULD WIN!!

Michael Jackson would moonwalk all up and down their asses

bruce-lee.jpg
muhammad%20ali1.jpg

I don't think there's any dispute who would win. Bruce Lee would win overall. The only thing Ali would win in would possibly be the boxing match.

This guy will beat all of them, including Kermit. Raw-hiiiiiiiiiiide! :p
dirty-harry.jpeg

In a boxing match, Ali.

In a flat out fight, Ali wouldnt stand a chance.

I think its a joke for some people saying here that Ali only has a chance, the man was heavyweight champion of the world three times and he has thrown the fastest recorded punch in history against liston

in his prime I've seen Ali throw 11 punches in 3 seconds

Bruce Lee was physically fit (understatement) but he was not a proven fighter like Ali
chances are it would probably take only one punch from a prime Ali to take him down, besides Lee wasnt even in his weight class

Bruce Lee was physically fit (understatement) but he was not a proven fighter like Ali
chances are it would probably take only one punch from a prime Ali to take him down, besides Lee wasnt even in his weight class

Bruce Lee is MUCH faster than ali, even in his prime, and weight has nothing to do with it. ali is the heavyweight BOXING champ of the world, it boils down to technique, and bruce has him there all day. Bruce Lee was not just an actor, Do he studied and trained extensively in: Wing Chun, Wu Tai Chi Chuan (a.k.a. Nga) & Jing Mo Tam Tui for the 12 sets, Choy Li Fut, Western Boxing, Epee, Judo, Praying Mantis, and Hsing-I. He also founded and developed Jeet Kune Do. He wrote books on martial arts and taught privately and in classes (through a dojo he used to run in Oakland, CA) for the majority of his adult life.

I think its a joke for some people saying here that Ali only has a chance, the man was heavyweight champion of the world three times and he has thrown the fastest recorded punch in history against liston

Wow, do you even know how fast Bruce was?
Not a proven fighter? Do you merely judge by the number of heavyweight championships won?
Good on Ali for those three wins - but that's just boxing and I'm sure if you compared both styles, boxing and kung fu (assuming that Ali and Bruce were the best of the best), you'd have plenty of arguments for the latter.

Fair enough
But bruce was to fast for cameras , have you seen his 1 inch punch he could send a 200 pound guy falling on his a** from a inch away

He also had fights which he won all exepct when he was beat up by a gang which made him study material arts

geez now I have people telling me bruce lee studied blah blah blah I know all that, I've been a fan for a long time....

I do know how fast Bruce was, he could place a penny in the palm of ur hands and switch it with another before u could close your hand, with that said No heavyweight was ever as fast as Ali, sure bruce was faster but if he had a heavyweight landing a punch on him at that speed he wouldnt last...

as for the one inch punch, that wouldnt of been practical, by the time he would of gotten himself ready & close enough to execute it he would of been smacked...

Wow, do you even know how fast Bruce was?
Not a proven fighter? Do you merely judge by the number of heavyweight championships won?
Good on Ali for those three wins - but that's just boxing and I'm sure if you compared both styles, boxing and kung fu (assuming that Ali and Bruce were the best of the best), you'd have plenty of arguments for the latter.
I'm judging on how many professional fights they had and u make winning the heavyweight title seem as if it was nothing, as if Beating a prime foreman or sonny liston was nothing...

bruce lee was a genius martial artist but he is not an accomplished or proven fighter like ali was, at the end of day Ali fought monsters and won, Bruce Lee made films, developed the perfect body, his theory & knowledge in martial arts made him a master but he never ever competed professionally....

I'm judging on how many professional fights they had and u make winning the heavyweight title seem as if it was nothing, as if Beating a prime foreman or sonny liston was nothing...
I knew you'd say that. :)
Of course it's not nothing. But it's not everything either in the martial arts/fighting world. I hope you don't automatically deem great fighters throughout history and around the world inferior just because they never touched a boxing ring nor have a collection of belts. Can't judge everyone by such particular (and dare I say, Western) standards. (If only kung fu championships existed too.)

I still don't understand what you mean by "proven" and what sort of evidence you need...
If by "professional", you're referring back to heavyweight championships, then I've already shared my opinion on that above.

But anyway, your opinion, my opinion. :)

geez now I have people telling me bruce lee studied blah blah blah I know all that, I've been a fan for a long time....

I do know how fast Bruce was, he could place a penny in the palm of ur hands and switch it with another before u could close your hand, with that said No heavyweight was ever as fast as Ali, sure bruce was faster but if he had a heavyweight landing a punch on him at that speed he wouldnt last...

as for the one inch punch, that wouldnt of been practical, by the time he would of gotten himself ready & close enough to execute it he would of been smacked...
But what i mean is if he can do the one inch punch and knock someone over imagine what he would do if he put all his power and strengh into a punch to the face

I also found out yesterday that some man was harrasing a woman so bruce smaked him in the face and busted up his nose HAHA leg

from what I read the one inch punch had more to do with some next body mechanics poop than actual power, dont get me wrong bruce was strong for his size but he would not match up to a heavy weight, mainly cos heavyweight is like 9 weight classes above what he was...

in any case, bruce lees first trouble is he doesnt have the reach advantage and so all that effort he will putting in to get near enough ali would of danced out of his way, Bruce Lee kicks would not of been great in helping him catch ali cos kicks take much longer to pull off than punches - ali would of dodged em easy, especially with his reflexes..

sure bruce lee would of been able to tag him a few times but then again Ali would also tag him and why? mainly cos Ali had the longer reach, Ali could keep his distance, bruce wouldnt be able to land a punch without getting some sort of punishment back.

and Ali didnt get knocked out by foreman and trust me in terms of sheer power bruce has nothing over on foreman.... if foreman couldnt knock him out, what chance does bruce even have of knocking him down....

a more even fight would be somin like Ray Leonard vs bruce lee or even Manny Paqiou vs bruce lee

Back