Brooklyn Loves Michael Jackson (A Spike Lee Joint @ Prospect Park)

• Thread starter Dangerous Incorporated
  • Start date
Gosh that was makin' me cry and I'm in a coffee shop (about 30ft from there :)) so I had to stop watching it! It was bringing up that day all over again. I remember it all so well. I can't believe it's been 7 months since that... Looking forward to this year's, though there's no way it's going to be as tight-knit and emotional as last year... I just couldn't believe how much love for him I physically felt in the air that day. God, I miss him. :(

Aww the ending to that video is just too much. Thanks for posting.

That was some day. I actually had second thoughts about going that morning (my usual laziness and hermit ways almost kicked in) but I'm glad I went. All of those thousands of people were there for one purpose and that was to remember and celebrate Michael and his incredible music.

As soon as I stepped out of the subway and found the right path to the celebration and began to hear the pulsating rhythms of Michael's music I knew I had made the right decision.

I wonder if Spike will change things up this year in any way. How about outdoor air conditioning? Heh.

but this is not the new project of Spike Lee, but the last years tribute from august 29, 2009.
Its misleading.

Is it definite that they are having another birthday party in BK this year? I would like to go again (but request they play more post-OTW music this time).

YES, Spike Lee will definitely be doing it again this year.

I was there last year and had a ball. If I recall correctly 20+ thousand people showed up. I expect there to be almost double that amount this year.

Last year, in the morning and early afternoon it was raining, on and off, which I believe caused some folks to stay home because they thought the event would be cancelled due to rain.

I CAN'T WAIT, I WILL BE THERE WITH BELLS ON, along with my chairs, my snacks and "something" to wet my whistle. LOL!

I was there last year and had a ball. If I recall correctly 20+ thousand people showed up. I expect there to be almost double that amount this year.

Last year, in the morning and early afternoon it was raining, on and off, which I believe caused some folks to stay home because they thought the event would be cancelled due to rain.

I CAN'T WAIT, I WILL BE THERE WITH BELLS ON, along with my chairs, my snacks and "something" to wet my whistle. LOL!

Have fun Big Apple! you will definitely have to let us know how it went

I'm going again this year. Hmm I should bring a chair too! I stood for the entire 5 hours I was there. It was a fun time though. My entire body ached by the time I got home but it was worth it to have that experience.

Wow, I didnt even know this video made its way here on MJJC. Thanks for posting DI. :D I have ad better camera this time around and Sony Vegas Pro. Anyone who wants to meetup to go as a group, please PM me!

Back