Brief AEG update

smiles_au

Proud Member
Hi, I don't think this has been posted yet. In the last few hours AEG updated the website www.michaeljacksonlive.com with the following message:

On behalf of the entire AEG organization we extend our deepest condolences to Michael Jackson's family and friends during this tragic time.

Full ticket refund information and procedures will be released early next week for all Michael Jackson "This Is It" shows. Fans are advised to hold onto their ticket vouchers/proof purchase.

took them long enough has randy philips dissapeared of the face of the earth

well I wasn't worried about them refunding. that looked to be the obvious. I'm sure randy is shocked beyond words. who isn't. This don't seem real

Why would Randy Philips disappear? I understand why it would take so long; this must feel unreal to them too. This is too much.

Randy Phillips from AEG Live issued the following statement this afternoon (June 26):

"Yesterday was a day I will never forget, or want to remember. Michael was both weak and strong, clever and kind, talented beyond belief and equally insecure. He was a doting father, respectful son, loving brother, and caring uncle. He was my friend. I take great solace in the pride and confidence he exhibited during production rehearsals on Wednesday night. That is the memory I will cherish for the rest of my life."

God, I never expected he would DIE before making these concerts. I waited to be there so much. I thought it might be hard for him to do all the shows 100%, and I was also afraid of what if he is injured before, but this is partly somehow wrong.

Randy Phillips from AEG Live issued the following statement this afternoon (June 26):

"Yesterday was a day I will never forget, or want to remember. Michael was both weak and strong, clever and kind, talented beyond belief and equally insecure. He was a doting father, respectful son, loving brother, and caring uncle. He was my friend. I take great solace in the pride and confidence he exhibited during production rehearsals on Wednesday night. That is the memory I will cherish for the rest of my life."

So he just 12 hours or something before the death was just having a full rehearsal?

I dont want a refund
I want AEG to give my money to a charity or to a fund for MJs kids but I dont want a refund
just print that ticket for me please

I would be happy for them to keep the money and donate it to a charity in Michael's name, or put it in trust for his children. I can't imagine enjoying spending it, I will give mine to charity.

Thanks for update. Have u listened to 'morphine' yet? its chilling. i still cant connect that this wonderful man that i follow is gone.

for the children... wish there was an option and a way to protect those funds to make sure it is the children who gets it and not any of the leeches

That's a beautiful quote. I hope that Michael felt the love and respect that so many had for him. It was there. But, I do remember Phillips mentioning the insecurity issue beforehand.

I hope that sometime soon all those personally involved in the concert productions will feel strong enough to share how he truly handled the concert productions.

I do think it is so hard hearing his music and seeing performance clips on TV realizing that we won't see the real thing anymore.

Back