BREAKING NEWS: David Carradine Found Dead!!!!

Victory2004

Proud Member
Kung Fu's, Kill Bill's David Carradine Dead

Today 11:10 AM PDT by Joal Ryan
293.ad.Carradine.KllBll.060409.jpg
Miramax Films
David Carradine, the always-working star of TV's Kung Fu and the omnipotent title figure in Quentin Tarantino's Kill Bill movies, was found dead today in a Thailand hotel.
A report on Thailand's The Nationnews site cited local police as saying the 72-year-old actor was "found hung in a closet" this morning by a hotel maid, and that suicide was suspected.
Prolific to the end, Carradine arrived in Thailand on Monday to shoot a movie called Stretch. According to The Nation, Carradine was an unexpected no-show at a dinner with the film crew on Wednesday night.
A message on Carradine's own Website, dated May 2009, was as upbeat as could be. "Hope you're having a great Spring!," it said.
Carradine was to be seen next week in the new Fox series, Mental. His guest-star appearance was teased during a promo that aired during last night's So You Think You Can Dance.
Carradine earned an Emmy nomination for Kung Fu, his iconic 1972-75 series that married the martial arts to the Old West, and brought a whole new view to what—or who—was a grasshopper. He rated one of four career Golden Globe nominations for Kill Bill, the Tarantino revenge saga that, according to Carradine, was partly written under his influence.
"I wrote this autobiography called Endless Highway, a few years back," Carradine told ARTISTdirect this year. "Quentin was reading it, while he was writing the part for me, so it's full of my own rhythms."
As on Kung Fu, the real-life Carradine was a longtime student of the martial arts. He wrote a book on kung-fu philosophy, and fronted a tai-chi workout industry.
The son of John Carradine, an incredibly prolific actor of the 1930s-1980s, the younger Carradine was, by comparison, merely very prolific. By his own count, he appeared in 118 films, although it's unknown if the 13—13!—2009 titles listed on his IMDb credits page were included.
Other notable films include the Woody Guthrie biopic Bound for Glory, which earned him Oscar buzz, if not a nomination, Martin Scorsese's Mean Streets, filmmaker Ingmar Bergman's lone English-language work, The Serpent's Egg, and the original 1970s cult favorite Death Race 2000.
Survivors include his half-brothers Robert Carradine (Revenge of the Nerds) and Keith Carradine (Nashville), with whom he costarred, alongside the families Quaid (Randy and Dennis) and Keach (James and Stacy), in the 1980 Western, The Long Riders.
(Originally published June 4, 2009 at 8:03 a.m. PT) http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b127408_kung_fus_kill_bills_david_carradine_dead.html

that's terrible. and sad. and makes my head spin. i guess it's because he's one of those celebs whose private life was never talked about. as the article said, he was 'prolific'. in a town where work seems to be scarce for any one actor, it would boggle the mind, to say he would suddenly be dead. he seemed to be doing so well.:(

r.i.p.

I loved at the end of kill bill vol 2 in his final scene before he died he walked without fear. What an amazing scene.

I'm shocked and sad. I can't believe it. He was a great actor. And another of my favorite ones.

Very sad. Already there's controversy. Just seen at bottom of CNN news; something about a Rep for David Carradine denying it was a suicide attemp. Antbody elese see or hear this yet?

i read that he was suffering from serious depression and had suicide tendencies. but still they need to look into it more to exclude the possibility that he was murdered.

They've pretty much ruled foul play out. The family is prodding people to look into things further, but it looks like he died doing some crazy auto-erotic thing (cutting off blood to the brain by choking himself before he climaxes to heighten the sensation).

They said they viewed security cameras and nobody but him entered the hotel room, and that no signs of a struggle were found.

I remember him from the Kung Fu show :)

Yeah, I saw that. I think it was Larry King. When I learned about it earlier in the week, I suspected it might not be a suicide but now I'm seeing in a later post from yours modie that that's been ruled out. I also thought he'd live a long life. So sad.

Very sad. Already there's controversy. Just seen at bottom of CNN news; something about a Rep for David Carradine denying it was a suicide attemp. Antbody elese see or hear this yet?

I dunno him before. Its so sad news
Rest In Peace

They've pretty much ruled foul play out. The family is prodding people to look into things further, but it looks like he died doing some crazy auto-erotic thing (cutting off blood to the brain by choking himself before he climaxes to heighten the sensation).

They said they viewed security cameras and nobody but him entered the hotel room, and that no signs of a struggle were found.

Are you serious? Did the family give off hints of this theory or does it come from media or other sources? My God, why would an adult put themselves through any of that? I say that only because, what you described here was a teenage phenomenon just a decade or so ago. Accidential deaths occured due to this practice, then the media got wind of it and the talk shows were featuring families whose teenager had died from it.

i saw of it being sexual as well. then i read his legs were tied. now i have no clue. i guess its still being investigated.
he always seemed spiritual and would live a long while. -

The Media now seems all quiet about it. Makes you wonder sometimes...

I've heard this too. But I also heard that his hands were tied togerther. How can a person tie their own hands???

Back