BREAKING NEWS:Actress Natasha Richardson has died

Dorothy_Marie

Proud Member
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29733775/?gt1=43001

Actress Natasha Richardson has died

Husband Liam Neeson, sons ‘shocked and devastated’ by loss

BREAKING NEWS
APTRANS.gif
updated 5 minutes ago function UpdateTimeStamp(pdt) { var n = document.getElementById("udtD"); if(pdt != '' && n && window.DateTime) { var dt = new DateTime(); pdt = dt.T2D(pdt); if(dt.GetTZ(pdt)) {n.innerHTML = dt.D2S(pdt,((''.toLowerCase()=='false')?false:true));} } } UpdateTimeStamp('633730177496830000');

MONTREAL - A spokesman for the family of Natasha Richardson says the actress has died.
Richardson, a gifted and precocious heiress to acting royalty whose career highlights included the film “Patty Hearst” and a Tony-winning performance in a stage revival of “Cabaret,” died after suffering an apparent head injury from a skiing accident. She was 45.
Alan Nierob of Rogers & Cowan said in a statement Wednesday night: “Liam Neeson, his sons, and the entire family are shocked and devastated by the tragic death of their beloved Natasha. They are profoundly grateful for the support, love and prayers of everyone, and ask for privacy during this very difficult time.”

On Wednesday, family members gathered at a New York hospital where the Tony Award-winning actress was taken after the fall.
Vanessa Redgrave, Richardson’s mother, arrived in a car with darkened windows and was taken through a garage when she arrived at the Lenox Hill Hospital on Manhattan’s Upper East Side at around 5 p.m. Wednesday. An hour earlier, Richardson’s sister, Joely, arrived alone and was swarmed by the media as she entered through the back of the hospital.
As reporters and photographers waited outside the hospital for word on Richardson’s condition, some passers-by stopped and expressed their sorrow over the turn of events.
One passer-by, Adrienne Cleere, said she was going to light a candle for the actress at a Roman Catholic church near the hospital.
“Everyone should pray for their two sons,” she said.
A reporter from the Toronto Star reported seeing a distraught Neeson crouched inside the back of an ambulance Tuesday at Montreal’s Sacre-Coeur hospital as Richardson, wrapped in blankets and with tubes covering her face, was loaded inside. Neeson had immediately left the Toronto set of his upcoming movie, “Chloe,” to be by her side in Montreal, a publicist for the film said.
Later that evening, a somber looking Vanessa Redgrave was seen in photographs walking into Lenox Hill. Two boys, identified in photos as Richardson's sons, Micheal Richard Antonio Neeson and Daniel Jack Neeson, and a young woman identified as niece Daisy Bevan were seen leaving the hospital early Wednesday.
Richardson is the elder daughter of Oscar-winning Redgrave and the late director Tony Richardson. She fell during a private lesson Monday at the famed Mont Tremblant ski resort.

A statement from the Mont Tremblant resort said Richardson fell on a beginners trail and later reported not feeling well.
“She did not show any visible sign of injury but the ski patrol followed strict procedures and brought her back to the bottom of the slope and insisted she should see a doctor,” said the statement from the resort, about 80 miles northwest of Montreal.
The ski resort said the instructor and a member of the ski patrol accompanied Richardson to her hotel, where they again recommended she be seen by a doctor. Mont Tremblant spokeswoman Catherine Lacasse said Richardson said she seemed fine at first.

“An hour later she said she didn’t feel well. She had a headache, so we sent her to the hospital,” Lacasse said. “There were no signs of impact and no blood, nothing.”
Richardson’s films include “Gothic,” “A Month in the Country,” “Nell” (in which she appeared with her future husband), “The Parent Trap” and “Maid in Manhattan.”
Trained at London’s Central School of Speech and Drama, Richardson has had extensive stage experience in the West End and Broadway. She won a Tony in 1998 for playing Sally Bowles in a revival of “Cabaret.”

Life is so precious. She was a great actress, my heart goes out to her family. This is very sad.

I"m just overwhelmed with sadness having gone through loss recently this hurts bad, I loved her work in her movies and a beautiful person is gone my prayers go out for her husband and children.

I heard about this. This is extremely sad news :(. RIP.

I heard about this on Larry King this morning. They said her brain has swelling. It didn't sound promising. I wish she had not waited to get treatment but then again maybe it would not have made a difference.

I heard about this on Larry King this morning. They said her brain has swelling. It didn't sound promising. I wish she had not waited to get treatment but then again maybe it would not have made a difference.

I was really hoping that she would pull through surgery :(. My heart really goes out to her family and friends, must be a really difficult time for them right now.

R.I.P.

Sad and shocking. :( For the way they explained her fall as something typical and minor, it just doesn't make sense that she could lose her life as a result. Sending prayers out to her family. She was a good actress.

I was so devastated about this News.When I heard she was brian dead, I knew there wasn't much the Doctors could do unless there was a miracle.
My heart felt condolences to The Redgrave-Richardson-Neilson families and all her family and friends and fans of this wonderful actress. At least Natasha got to act with her Mother twice on Broadway in a couple of plays. Not many actresses could say they acted with their mother in a play or in a movie.
She will be truly missed in Hollywood,On Broadway and all over the World.

This is very sad news indeed.

Awww omg
This is so sad & shocking :(
My prayers & thoughts are with liam natasha's husband & family :(

I'm shocked and saddened to hear that she died. I can't believe this. I feel so sorry for her, her family and friends.

This story is just heart wrenching...these sudden out of the blue tragic events just seem so cruel. My heart goes out to Liam neeson and their two sons.

So sad! what a loss!

May she rest in peace!
She's in my prayers and so are all her family! May God give all of them strength!
My condolences to the family.

This is a real shock to me. I was such a fan of hers....I loved her in the remake of the "Parent Trap". May she rest in peace...

After following the story for a few days, I was really saddened
to learn that she had passed away. My heart goes out to Liam Neesom
and the boys.

I was so shocked and saddened by this news too. May God be with her family and loved ones right now.

On Larry King Lastnight, Joan Rivers said she recieved a call from a mutual friend of theirs and was told, They kept Nastasha on the life support so her children can get there and say "Goodbye" to her. I almost broke down after hearing that.

R. I. P.

Very very sad news, she was a terrific actress and seemed like a genuine and kind person. RIP.

Back