Brandy Recalls Meeting Michael Jackson, On 'When I Was 17'

MsMo

Proud Member
On latest episode, airing Saturday at 11 a.m. ET, singer says she fainted after meeting the King of Pop.

By James Dinh

Sometimes celebrities get starstruck too — just ask Brandy. In the latest episode of "When I Was 17," the singer-turned-reality starlet opens up about meeting Michael Jackson, thanks to producer Rodney Jerkins.

"When I was 17, my producer Rodney Jerkins was working with Michael Jackson at the time," Brandy says in the episode, premiering Saturday at 11 a.m. ET on MTV. "He knew how much I wanted to meet Michael Jackson, so he says, 'Would you like to come and meet him?' I'm like, 'Are you serious? Of course I want to meet Michael Jackson! Where do I meet you? Where do we come?' "

And it wasn't just Jerkins who knew about the singer's admiration for Jackson. "Michael Jackson was it, so we studied Michael. Brandy studied Michael," her brother Ray J says.

Brandy says the super-producer orchestrated the meeting between the siblings and Jackson at the recording studio. However, prior to entering the room, Brandy says nerves got the best of her.

"My heart is beating so fast at this point," the "Dancing With the Stars" alum recalls. "I'm like, 'Oh my God. It's happening. We're about to open the door and he's going to be in there.' "

Ray J, who was equally excited, peeped around the room, saying, "When we first walked into the studio, we can kind of see Michael in the corner and we looked at each other like, 'Did you see him?' "

Unfortunately, Brandy, couldn't maintain the same type as composure. "And I'm looking at him like, 'Oh my God. This is Michael Jackson,' " adding, "I fainted, blacked out — like seriously blacked out."

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1659776/brandy-when-i-was-17.jhtml

that is a cute story.. I love Brandy,,she is just like so real...thank you for sharing this..:)

I've always been a big fan of brandy and like her if i had met mj , i would have fainted too lol

Be sure to watch the video clip @ the link. The way her brother Ray J tells the story is too funny :swoon::laugh:

Be sure to watch the video clip @ the link. The way her brother Ray J tells the story is too funny :swoon::laugh:
oh..ok..thank you didn't even realize there was a video..:lmao:

I have always liked Brandy.
Here's a personal shout out from Brandy to Michael Jackson.

:wub:
souldreamer7

Unfortunately, Brandy, couldn't maintain the same type as composure. "And I'm looking at him like, 'Oh my God. This is Michael Jackson,' " adding, "I fainted, blacked out — like seriously blacked out."

:D

I always laugh when I hear about people fainting 'cause I'm like, thats time you ain't gonna get back! But then I was never in that position so I don't know how I would react either.

Yes, this is how it is supposed to react when you are being asked to meet Michael.

Some difference from Nicole Scherzinger's reaction.

People are going to react the way they feel like it.. This whole star-struck attitude was one of the largest impediments Michael had to deal with in his life, due to so many people's inability to behave naturally with him, and he can be heard lamenting about that in the Bashir's interview. Brandy's reaction was the shock she expressed personally because of having never met him before, and, again, people are going to be reacting differently as they're different. When their star-struck attitude doesn't seem to end (and there's plenty of such examples of people in Michael's life, unfortunately), that's sad.. Brandy eventually became more comfortable and realized what a warm, kind person he was, saying how he once let her embrace him for as long as she needed to. He was Michael, a person and friend everyone could feel comfortable with and he wanted to be treated as such.

Thanks for sharing!
The video made me laugh! The part where Ray J explains how she fainted is hilarious! :lol:

:D

I always laugh when I hear about people fainting 'cause I'm like, thats time you ain't gonna get back! But then I was never in that position so I don't know how I would react either.

I don't see myself fainting, but I surely can envision me not remembering what the heck my name is.

I know this will sound dumb but what do you think happened afterwards? I hope she got to talk to him.

As far as I remember he did background vocals on her Full Moon album and she did background vocals on Heaven Can Wait. So I guess she got herself together! LOL!!

Loved this story. You know, it's one thing when the fans pass out. But for another celebrity who is used to being around celebrities, well, that's pretty amazing. Great story!

Back