Boulder at Night: Just beat it with Michael Jackson Dance Party

rockstar

Proud Member
Boulder at Night: Just beat it with Michael Jackson Dance Party

Last year s inaugural Michael Jackson Dance Party at the Boulderado. ( CLIFF GRASSMICK )

var requestedWidth = 0;
if(requestedWidth > 0){ document.getElementById('articleViewerGroup').style.width = requestedWidth + "px"; document.getElementById('articleViewerGroup').style.margin = "0px 0px 10px 10px"; }
If you keep tabs on TMZ (to which I plead the fifth), you know that more than a year after Michael Jackson's death, there is still plenty of commotion surrounding his passing.
Invite your friends to join you at the Hotel Boulderado, 2115 13th St, on Saturday, August 28th, to honor the King of Pop's life with a drama-free dance party.
For only $19, you can score a ticket to the second-annual Michael Jackson Dance Party, which includes a pizza buffet, a treat from Cefiore and the opportunity to show off your sweet moves. Come dressed in '80s costumes for the chance to win awesome prizes, too. (New freshman: Head to Savers to pick up something neon or acid-washed -- I promise you will need it at least once more this year.)
Tickets available now at boulderado.com.
One tequila, two tequila
Because I have a liver made of steel, my drink of choice is tequila.
Although I'm partial to well prices, I do tend to dabble in top shelf liquors on occasion. One such occasion is All Night Happy Hour on Mondays at Tahona, 1035 Pearl St.
What better reason to celebrate with a shot of non-Cuervo tequila than cheap prices and $2 tacos? The bar also serves up affordable margs and flavor-infused tequila shooters.
Head down to Tahona between 4 p.m. and close and treat yourself this Monday -- you deserve it. After all, it will already have been one whole day since the weekend.
Check all happy hour deals at tahonaboulder.com.
Ultimate triking
So you think you're all tough because you can ride a two-wheeler? Bah.
All these too-cool cyclists in Boulder and I bet none of them have ever been on a giant trike. Racing around corners. Dizzy and chugging beer.
What?? Yes, at Trike Night at the Dark Horse, 2922 Baseline Road, you can experience all these extreme challenges. Pick a partner and tag off in a race around the back bar, stopping only to spin around in a chair and chug a beer. Talk about an adrenaline rush.
Be there Tuesdays by 9:30 p.m. to sign up and warm up (I suggest lunges and shots).
More info at darkhorsebar.com.
Leisure biking
If you'd rather stick with your trusty bike, register for the Boulder Nites Classic and take a relaxed ride around the streets of Boulder on Saturday.
Grab some buddies and start (and finish) at Twenty Ninth Street with food, drink, music and massages. The $30 registration fee benefits Boulder Parks and Recreation so you can have fun and support a good cause, too.
Register online at bouldernitesclassic.com.
18 going on 21
I've been legal for four years and I still have trouble getting into bars with my baby face, so I understand how much it sucks to be underage and feel left out of the bar scene.
The Walrus, 1911 11th St., is opening its doors at 10 p.m. every Tuesday to give a glimpse of the secret world of Pearl Street pubs to those 18 and up (there's a $5 cover for anyone under 21).
There's obviously no drinking for those under 21, but there are barrels of free peanuts, plus games, music and dancing.
All details at boulderwalrus.com.

Stacy Parkinson's "Boulder at Night" runs every Thursday in the Colorado Daily.

here is link:http://www.coloradodaily.com/ci_15893892?source=most_viewed#axzz0xihDZckS

Back