Body Double in YRMW Video ?

Word Smith Sr

Proud Member
I know this question will upset many ppl but i was wondering if there was a body double in the YRMW video.

I am only referring to one brief moment:

During the second chorus he dances in a place that has only one spotlight with a lady wearing a black outfit.

After "slapping" his jacket, he leaves the lady, the camera comes closer and you see him do that kinda Fred Astaire step that makes him look like he's counting using his feet. I'm wondering if its mj during that brief moment because of his right hand + the back of his head.

It could be yes. I paused and zoomed in, and he looks to have black skin.

Thx, then i am not that crazy, since you aint sure yourself. Its exactly what i meant with "because of his right hand", it looks darker. I thought "well maybe its due to the lack of light" but i do not think that it is the reason why his hand look darker.

someone show me a picture? i love that video.

At first i thought it was him because he did that exact move at 30th anniversary performance..But now looking, he doesn't move like m..It's a bit like watching mj when he has that monster mask on in Thriller..We know it is not him because of the way he moves but without knowing you think it could be..

Good observation

Just watched it, and it looks way too dark to be MJ during the invincible era, so I say yeah it is a double, I don't know why though it wasn't really a dare devil act was it :lol:

At first i thought it was him because he did that exact move at 30th anniversary performance..But now looking, he doesn't move like m..It's a bit like watching mj when he has that monster mask on in Thriller..We know it is not him because of the way he moves but without knowing you think it could be..

Good observation

That wasn't MJ with the mask on in Thriller? You mean with the red pants and jacket dancing in front of the group of zombies?:unsure:

That hand really looks too dark.. :scratch:
I never noticed it before and I really don't see why a double was needed there! Or maybe the girl was just dangerous :lol:

Just watched it, and it looks way too dark to be MJ during the invincible era, so I say yeah it is a double, I don't know why though it wasn't really a dare devil act was it :lol:

Looool, ummm no my risk detector did not beep. lol

I never noticed it before and I really don't see why a double was needed there! Or maybe the girl was just dangerous :lol:

Loooool yea maybe she was. lol :D

Last edited:

Maybe it was Jr who was too dangerous around a girl with an open shirt :lol:

I've always thought that there was an instance where MJ wasn't "THE MJ".
Like the part where there's no music and the actors are kind of facing off.
The back view.....doesn't look like MJ at all to me.
The way the clothes are fitting, and especially the stance and body shape.
Hope y'all get what I mean.

I've always thought that there was an instance where MJ wasn't "THE MJ".
Like the part where there's no music and the actors are kind of facing off.
The back view.....doesn't look like MJ at all to me.
The way the clothes are fitting, and especially the stance and body shape.
Hope y'all get what I mean.

I get what u mean. :)

Well, this is my favourite scene, I want to believe it's him, but don't know now.

Back