BOB MARLEY may 11 1981 - may 11 2011 : The legend lives on

janena

Guests
We will not forget you Bob:

"Our dad was careful not to define himself.

He may be a messenger of hope, but he did not call himself anything. He was just who he was, and often he worked only for others, so they would have food to eat, clothes to wear.

"I live in the world," he said, "but I am not of the world." In this way, he moved others to change things for the better.

He also said, "All you have to do is give a little, take a little, He took less than some, gave back so much more than most . . .

and, look, he's still giving, as the exhibit at the GRAMMY museum fully shows."

--Cedella Marley
http://bobmarley.com/

"One bright morning when my work is over
Man will fly away home "

Rastaman chant: i hear the words of the higher man SAY: babylon throne gone down gone gown,babylon throne gone down...

30 years since he passed away. The legend definitely lives on.

[youtube]vdB-8eLEW8g[/youtube]

Some beautiful guotes of the man...

"Life and Jah are one in the same. Jah is the gift of existence. I am in some way eternal, I will never be duplicated. The singularity of every man and woman is Jah's gift. What we struggle to make of it is our sole gift to Jah. The process of what that struggle becomes, in time, the Truth."

"I don't stand for the black man's side; I don’t stand for the white man's side. I stand for God's side."

"Life is one big road with lots of signs. So when you riding through the ruts, don't complicate your mind. Flee from hate, mischief and jealousy. Don't bury your thoughts; put your vision to reality. Wake Up and Live!"

"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds..."

"Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver or gold..."

"The power of philosophy floats through my head, Light like a feather, Heavy as Led"

"My music will go on forever. Maybe it's a fool say that, but when me know facts me can say facts. My music will go on forever."

"Politics no interest me. Dem devil business.... Dem a play with peoples minds. Never play with peoples minds. "

"I have a BMW. But only because BMW stands for Bob Marley and The Wailers, and not because I need an expensive car."

"In the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty."

Last edited:
Back