Blacks and Whites Segregated AGAIN? in NC? Like it used to be in the 1950s-60's?

earthlyme

Proud Member
Trying to reach Michael...I cant see him but I fee
North Carolina's Time Machine: 1950's School Segregation in 2010

I JUST Heard this on the NEWS Today...It's about North Carolina and the Wake School Board, Passing a motion to SEGREGATE School Buses. *Neighborhood Schools* they call it. They're gonna send students to whatever school is closer to their home. Meaning, The poor gets the low income school, the rich get the good one.

We're going back to the 50's and 60's y'all. The Black Panther's are back in public the difference is that its the 21st century...
I was Just appalled to hear about this.

Please READ this and tell me what y'all think...

http://crooksandliars.com/karoli/north-carolinas-time-machine-1950s-school-s

L.O.V.E.
Romi

Last edited:
not sure what that has to do with race. theyve done that for years over here.its called catchment areas where u go to schools in your catchment area. its been done to the point where u end if with loads of crappy schools in crappy areas.and areas with decent schools have house prices going up because everyone wants to move there so their kids can go to a decent school. kids with richer parents get a better education and the poor kids get stuck in crap schools with poor teachers. its about class more than race

not sure what that has to do with race. theyve done that for years over here.its called catchment areas where u go to schools in your catchment area. its been done to the point where u end if with loads of crappy schools in crappy areas.and areas with decent schools have house prices going up because everyone wants to move there so their kids can go to a decent school. kids with richer parents get a better education and the poor kids get stuck in crap schools with poor teachers. its about class more than race
everything is about race to americans..
same here

same here

It's the whole World that's like that..............

We truly do live in messed up times............and it's been like that for sometime!!!!!!!

same here

yeah seems like that. when this is clearly about money and rich ppl having the ability to have their kids in decent schools. dont tell me their aint no rich blacks or poor whites. cause obviously thats daft

^^^^^Obviously you don't live in the United States. The whole country was founded on racism.

let me assure u that racism is not foreign in Germany nor any less than in US, everything still isnt just plain black or white, issues are far more complex and by leaving out the complexity ppl are making it easy for themselves

the usa media has been working hard on making the atmosphere easy for this. now they have succeeded. it doesn't matter what the underlying issues are...people on messageboards now think that black people, as a whole have lesser morals, and are the only ones in gangs. the term 'monkey' has now come back in style. and don't let one become rich, in atheltics, because, then, they are divas. and now, everybody wants to seperate, because of the return to preconceived notions. every time progress is made, stuff happens to fly in the face of it. attempts to come together by people such as George Steinbrenner and Derek Jeter, get hated upon...looking for beard type reasoning...etc.(Steinbrenner was called a 'cracker' by a prominent talk show host)

sure, there is ample proof that people of all races have succeeded mightily in business and in life, but the media has painted a picture, whether or not it is false, and it is sticking in this country, despite who is president, right now. there are people who are claiming that the president isn't who he is, and doesn't come from where he comes from, and crap like that. when people put stupid conversation out there, it's hard to take the stench of it out of the air, once it's out. people are just conversing about it. and believing whatever is repeated, as, we all know, tends to be effective in peoples' minds. and it all trickles down to what people do with the kids, as far as school placement, and so on.

but the fight goes on.

Last edited:
There are definitely "poor" whites and "rich" blacks and vice versa. I agree that America is a racist country (we are all racist towards each other. Whites to blacks, blacks to whites, etc, etc) but low class citizens are a mixture of people, not just blacks. I really don't think this has anything to do with race...?

I live in America and they've done this since I've been in school - I graduated in 1995. Although I'm all for keeping schools DIVERSE. I was lucky the neighbourhood that I grew up in was Diverse.

(edit) sheeet I wish I was rich when I was a kid and been able to have all the great art classes etc. that the Rich kids had...but I found my art in my neighbourhood. :)
Rich v/s Poor Same ol Song...

Last edited:
This is ubelievable, why should people be judged by their phisical appearance. And now we have those modern diseases such as anorexia nevrosa and BDD that can kill and for what?!

same here

I'm not going to argue or fight with anyone but being an American myself that statement of '"everything is about race to americans" kinda hurt. You said "same here"so I don't know if you were referring to your country but I've lived in America my whole life and yes some things are about race here but not 'everything.' In my opinion I would say more things in America are about money and how rich you are.

Back