Blackpool boss Ian Holloway backs Fulham's plans to erect a statue of 'icon' Michael Jackson Read m

Status
Not open for further replies.

zacky89

Proud Member
THIS IS TURNING OUT VERY BAD, SINCE SOME FANS WILL START PROTESTING
THIS WEEKENDS FIXTURE AGAINST BLACKPOOL.

But Blackpool boss Holloway said: 'I can’t wait, because love or loathe him Jackson is one of those iconic figures.

'I know some fans are grumbling about the statue but I think it is terrific.'

Holloway added: 'He was a very special bloke and one of a handful of people I am proud to have been on the planet at the same time as.

'The Beatles, Elvis, Muhammad Ali... they are the great figures of our age. David Beckham will be one day too. They are icons.

'I’ve got a model of Ali at home, back when he was Cassius Clay, in that famous pose over a prostrate Sonny Liston. It’s one of my most treasured possessions and if I could get one of Jackson, I would. In fact, when we go to Fulham I’ll take a little hacksaw, smuggle the statue on the team bus and take it home with me.

'Mind you, what if it does go missing now? They will be straight round to my house. It’s not me, Mr Fayed. I won’t nick it, honest!'

Source
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...lhams-plans-erect-Michael-Jackson-statue.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back