Black or White original ending

hrp102

Proud Member
Does anyone here have the original ending to the Black or White video? I mean before the "KKK rules" stuff was added. It's too bad he had to edit it for people that didn't get it, but it would be cool to see it as it was intended. I wasn't quite old enough to get it when it first came out (like when Bart Simpson introduced it on Fox), but seeing clips of it now, I think it was one of his best videos.

It's stupid that they put the "edited" version on Black Or White....That ending was a POWERFUL statement by Michael, and they leave it out like it had no significance :no: Stupid move IMO..

It's stupid that they put the "edited" version on Black Or White....That ending was a POWERFUL statement by Michael, and they leave it out like it had no significance :no: Stupid move IMO..

The original video was without the grafitti, so at the time it was made there wasn't supposed to be a statement about racism.

The original video was without the grafitti, so at the time it was made there wasn't supposed to be a statement about racism.

It was a statement about racism, the subtle racism which has trapped Black people in the ghetto. He is smashing up the ghetto to symbolize his rebellion against it. When he is a Black panther (think black panther party) he growls at a George Washington statue, who was a racist slave master and statist. When Royal Arms Hotel collapses, it represents the soon fall of the state, that being "Royal", and the elite. It's very powerful, but "they" didn't want that statement against the state in the video, so they added obvious racism so people wouldn't think about the anti statist/anti-trapping-black-people in the ghetto message

It was a statement about racism, the subtle racism which has trapped Black people in the ghetto. He is smashing up the ghetto to symbolize his rebellion against it. When he is a Black panther (think black panther party) he growls at a George Washington statue, who was a racist slave master and statist. When Royal Arms Hotel collapses, it represents the soon fall of the state, that being "Royal", and the elite. It's very powerful, but "they" didn't want that statement against the state in the video, so they added obvious racism so people wouldn't think about the anti statist/anti-trapping-black-people in the ghetto message

Exactly...

It was definitely about racism and related frustration. It was a counterpoint to the more cheery message in the first part of the video. For me, the added graffiti makes it a little too obvious and corny.

Here is a summary of the various releases of the Black Or White Short Film:

- Dangerous: The Short Films - Full Version With Added Graffiti
- HIStory: Video Greatest Hits Vol. 1 - Full Original Version
- Number Ones - Short Version (Without Panther Ending)
- Vision - Full Original Version

Last edited:
The Black or White ending was also to show MJ rioting during the time of the LA riots to show that he was also angry at the police brutality and injustice :)

Back