Black Eyed Peas - Boom Boom Pow! and new album discussion

Darvon1982

Proud Member
Hey guys the other day I heard Black Eyed Peas new song called Boom Boom Pow on the radio. And oh my goodness it just makes me want to DANCE! :) Who else has heard this? I bought the single off itunes. And Well I am thinking that Will.I.Am produced the track and well after I heard this I was like.. OOOooohhh I can't wait till I hear Michael's and Will.I.Am's music they did together...

does anyone else love this song? I certainly do, I'm thinking about buying the album when it comes out (in which I don't know)

Check out the new song at www.myspace.com/blackeyedpeas

BTW, if anyone made a montage of MJ dancing to this song I would LOVE them lol

I love the BEPs, but i don't think they suit that style of music. Plus i think the music video is a bit of a disappointment.

Could this be the track "The Future" that will.i.am produced for Michael back in 2006? Maybe its a Michael reject track. Kind of like will.i.am's Fly Girl track (which we heard on the Access Hollywood studio preview), that later appeared on will.i.am's Songs About Girls album?

It is futuristic...

I love BEP, I think their music is really positive and fresh. But this song is awful. Hate the auto-tune and I am praying that the album won't be like this...

I love the song also. I play it all the time and I think it's a great song to dance to.

I love the BEPs too, but the song is a bit of a disapointment... I don't hate it, but I just don't think it's good enough for a first single.
I does grown on you after a few times though.

to me, it's the kind of song that benefits by repeat radio plays. it's definitely taking advantage of the highest of high tech.

The tune is a grower!
Although I hate the whole eltro voice sound, it would be ok at like a bridge part of the song but not repeated throughout and the last minute or so sounds like they could'nt write anymore lyrics... But beat and tune wise its a catchy hit!
Specially when its heard in nightclubs with mega base!

I usually like the Black Eyed Peas songs but I heard the song on the tv the other day but I can't say I like it very much. Maybe it will grow on me after a few listens.

It might end up being a song you don't like but still have stuck in your head lol.

I usually like the Black Eyed Peas songs but I heard the song on the tv the other day but I can't say I like it very much. Maybe it will grow on me after a few listens.

Hahaha, yeah true true, much like that La Roux song 'I'm going in for the kill, I'm doing it for the thrill' ahhhhhh my ears lmao.

It might end up being a song you don't like but still have stuck in your head lol.

Love the song, hate the video. Hopefully the rest of the album isn't the same as this and Will.I.Am fixes that dumbass haircut. Also prefer BEP pre fergie, or tracks shes not on, lol, she sounds horrible in this track.

the song is being used as bumper music for the los angeles lakers basketball team on the local espn sports radio station. kaching for Michael.

i love fergies tomb raiiiiiiiiiiiider style :punk: BOOM BOOM POW !

so... 4 songs from the new album are available so far...

Boom Boom Pow - Billboard charts topper for 7 consecutive weeks...
Imma Be
I Gotta Feelin' - the second single, yet to be released (next week)
Alive

The only one I like so far is Alive - the good, old will.I.am sound... updated with a few fresh touches. Great song!

To be honest the overall route he's taken with this album is a bit of a let down for me. I expected these songs to be, well at least musically, totally different. But it's easy to understand where's Will coming from with this type of music. And the success of BBP shows that he knows what he's doing and commercial-wise this strategy DOES work. I don't really like the electro-funk concept... but yeah, that's what people like right now.
Will already proved many times before that he has a great sense of music and I still have great respect for him.

what's interesting - Will seems to do what actually was Michaels plan back in 2007 - he releases 4 (before the actual album release it's going to be 5) songs online and than drops the new album.

Even though it's not what I expected and not really my coup of tea, I'm still anxious to hear what does The END sound like. Only 2 weeks to go!

What do you think guys?
what's your opinion?

so... 4 songs from the new album are available so far...

Boom Boom Pow - Billboard charts topper for 7 consecutive weeks...
Imma Be
I Gotta Feelin' - the second single, yet to be released (next week)
Alive

The only one I like so far is Alive - the good, old will.I.am sound... updated with a few fresh touches. Great song!

To be honest the overall route he's taken with this album is a bit of a let down for me. I expected these songs to be, well at least musically, totally different. But it's easy to understand where's Will coming from with this type of music. And the success of BBP shows that he knows what he's doing and commercial-wise this strategy DOES work. I don't really like the electro-funk concept... but yeah, that's what people like right now.
Will already proved many times before that he has a great sense of music and I still have great respect for him.

what's interesting - Will seems to do what actually was Michaels plan back in 2007 - he releases 4 (before the actual album release it's going to be 5) songs online and than drops the new album.

Even though it's not what I expected and not really my coup of tea, I'm still anxious to hear what does The END sound like. Only 2 weeks to go!

What do you think guys?
what's your opinion?

Do you have any links to the songs you mentioned, love to have a listen!

thanks,

Sure, just check out will's dipdive account: http://dipdive.com/member/iamwill

"alive is a song about love...

its about a relationship...

when the person makes you feel new...

when the one yoiu love makes you feel like nothing negitive in the world matters...

"alive"

i am so proud of this songs production...

listen to the layers, textures and elements...

:)

i just love this song...

will.i.am"

Damn, I just realized how much I miss Joints & Jam and the old days... hopefully The END has more tracks like Alive.

It's actually PAINFUL to listen to!

Especially when fergie sings..."Will.i.am drop the beat now..."

OUCH!

Love the song. I like the BEP, never really was big on them, but I'm definitely interested.

I don't like it. Shame, because I like some of their other stuff. Kind of disappointing.

I heard this song for the first time on the AI Finale.
I didnt notice until about 1/2 way thru the song that I was actually tappin' my foot. Lol!
Then I was like, "Boom, boom pow? WTH?" :huh:
I've heard it a couple more times since then and I like it a bit more.
I'm not a BEP fan either but this song is alright.

'Meet Me Halfway'

Will.I.Am just released this on Dipdive.com, Fergie sounds like Gwen Stefani! which is a good thing :)

i enjoyed it when they performed it on the american idol finale. it made me like the song even more. the best celeb performance they had on that night as well. oh wait and santana

Back