Billy Ray Cyrus Mentions Michael

MJstarlight

Guests
Michael Jackson — I was trying to reach out to Michael Jackson. I knew he had kids, and I was going to invite his kids down to a taping of Hannah — I just felt it would be good for Michael. I don't know why. I met Michael one time at the Grammys. He sat in front of me, in the front row, and a dime rolled out from under and hit my boot — this very boot I've got on — and I reached down and picked up this dime, and looked, he was going through his pockets, and I said, 'Are you looking for this?' 'Thank you.' And he took that dime and put it back in his pocket. I looked at my manager, I just said, 'Why did Michael Jackson have a dime?...' Nobody could tell me."

http://content.usatoday.com/communi...-montana-that-damn-show-destroyed-my-family/1

nice story:)
thanks for finding and sharing:)

Last edited:
That's interesting. I wonder what year was that. Maybe it was for good luck or something.

That's kind of hilarious. I really do want to know why he had a dime though... and why he was looking for it after he dropped it. lmfao

Yea, I wonder what year that was in. Anyone have a clue? Also, I felt kinda bad about their rest of the article where he describes his despair over losing control of his daughter to the dangers of Hollywood. Something Michael was all too well aware of. Just a thought..

Well he sat on the front row in '84, '85, '88, and '93. So I'm thinking its either '88 or '93. But I remember LL Cool J being behind MJ in "93 when he got the Legend Award. So who knows.

It had to be Grammy 88 cause I remember Ray being one of the people clapping after MJ preformed! Plus, who can forget Rays Mullet due? O_O

Yeah, except I didn't like the part where he mentioned him alongside Kurt Cobain and Anna Nicole Smith. Cobain, whose personal life was marked by his drug use, and Anna Nicole Smith, who died because of her drug use. There's a pattern he was clearly attempting to set here, which was especially noticeable when he talked of reaching out to Michael after he talked about reaching out to Anna Nicole Smith. I see what he was trying to do there--perhaps not entirely on purpose, but from the sequence of his thought in the article, one pretty much gets the feeling that Cyrus believes the whole 'Michael was a drug-addict' thing, which is far from being true.

I would suggest that he focus on his daughter. Of course Hannah Montana destroyed their lives--what else was he expecting? This is Hollywood, it's full of stuff like that, which is why people are best served if they keep their distance. Fame is fickle, and the game is deadly, this we know from history. Only fools wholly embrace that fame, and open wide the gates of night. The more intelligent celebrities are careful to keep a low profile for a reason.

Yeah, except I didn't like the part where he mentioned him alongside Kurt Cobain and Anna Nicole Smith. Cobain, whose personal life was marked by his drug use, and Anna Nicole Smith, who died because of her drug use. There's a pattern he was clearly attempting to set here, which was especially noticeable when he talked of reaching out to Michael after he talked about reaching out to Anna Nicole Smith. I see what he was trying to do there--perhaps not entirely on purpose, but from the sequence of his thought in the article, one pretty much gets the feeling that Cyrus believes the whole 'Michael was a drug-addict' thing, which is far from being true.

I would suggest that he focus on his daughter. Of course Hannah Montana destroyed their lives--what else was he expecting? This is Hollywood, it's full of stuff like that, which is why people are best served if they keep their distance. Fame is fickle, and the game is deadly, this we know from history. Only fools wholly embrace that fame, and open wide the gates of night. The more intelligent celebrities are careful to keep a low profile for a reason.

By your standards, was Michael a fool?

By your standards, was Michael a fool?

No, he was not. He never entirely embraced it, and he tried his personal best to remain as private of a person as possible. He sheltered his children from the spotlight for a reason, because he knew how dangerous fame was. The incidents which occurred to Michael were more things outside his control than anything he could help--he didn't go looking for it.

People like Miley Cyrus and Lindsay Lohan, who openly flaunt their fame and live dangerous lifestyles, however, are certainly asking for trouble and could be considered foolish.

No, he was not. He never entirely embraced it, and he tried his personal best to remain as private of a person as possible. He sheltered his children from the spotlight for a reason, because he knew how dangerous fame was. The incidents which occurred to Michael were more things outside his control than anything he could help--he didn't go looking for it.

People like Miley Cyrus and Lindsay Lohan, who openly flaunt their fame and live dangerous lifestyles, however, are certainly asking for trouble and could be considered foolish.

Yeah, that's true.

LOL!,. Cute story at least he is not mocking Michael and it's positive, there have been hardly positive stories about MJ and his kids,, his own relatives dont care for positive stories..

Thats a first "good thing" for Billy Ray considering the last time he was on stage he decided to say some smart @** remark about Michael and not one person in the crowd laughed..

Hoooold on a minute, let's see if I got this right.. So Michael Jackson (and we are talking about THE Michael Jackson) had.. a... dime??

:eek:

OMG, I can't believe this, it's like my eyes are opened now. I totally see a different side to Michael, I never knew he had it in him to carry dimes around in his pockets. This truly is breaking news, where is TMZ?!?

^^^

:lol: I didn't get that part either. What's wrong with MJ carrying dimes? lol

Hoooold on a minute, let's see if I got this right.. So Michael Jackson (and we are talking about THE Michael Jackson) had.. a... dime??

:eek:

OMG, I can't believe this, it's like my eyes are opened now. I totally see a different side to Michael, I never knew he had it in him to carry dimes around in his pockets. This truly is breaking news, where is TMZ?!?

LMFAO! Exactly...what the? I think I will go around asking a load of people, who knows, somebody might know the answer!

Sorry, I couldn't help myself. :p

ha, nice story. Not a big fan of Billy Ray, but it's nice that Cyrus was thinking of inviting Michael on the set with his kids. I bet he would have liked that.

What's the big deal if Michael had a dime? Everybody carrys some loose change in their pockets once in a while. haha.

Back