Billy Crawford - pop singer and former MJ backup dancer

lt_v92

Proud Member
Billy Crawford is a Filipino pop singer and dancer. When he was 14, he danced back-up for Michael during the 1995 MTV VMA performance of "Dangerous".

a.JPG

Anyway, I was looking him up on YouTube and came across this; his 2001 song "Trackin". I can't stop listening to it. It has to be one of the catchiest pop songs of the last 12 years.

Thanks for showing us where he was during the MTV Awards performance lol, i never managed to spot him before so i wondered if Billy was lying. I like "Tracking" (that bass is cool), i used to dance to it ages ago. What is Billy doing now ? Did he stop singing ? Last time i saw him (a long time ago) he was in an Asian version of X factor or something. He was a host in that tv show.

Last edited:
Never heard of him before but pretty cool. Weird how I notice so many Filipino related things these days. I never noticed Filipino related news or stories or think I knew anything at all about Filipino culture until I met my now husband (Filipino). Very talented and good looking bunch of people those Filipinos are. ;)

i think Billy is back in the Philippines for good. he does TV and i think he is also a VJ in a local MTV-like channel, which is called MYX.

Tracking is from 2001? Ahh..time flies.

I loved, loved, loved that song! Very danceable and catchy! #1 in the Netherlands! And funny to know that there is a Michael connection.

And that video is perfect for the song, btw.

Last edited:
Nice "track". Lol! Never heard it before but it's pretty good. Nice beat.
I love the break down in the middle when they're really gettin' their dance on. Hot.

I can't believe that kid was only 14 at the time of the 1995 MTV awards. Wow!
That would make him like....31 this year. I'm gonna watch it to see if I can spot him.

Oh, thanks for sharing :D

Thanks for pointing him out I was never able to notice hime myself, even though I've looked. Billy's done some great tracks, I met him back in the urgently in love days :) and I fell sooo in love hehe. then disapeered from the charts here and i forgot about hime. Then some 10 years ago i saw his album Ride outside a record shop at (Very low) bargain price. Great album, I still listen to it on and of.
I sometime come across him on the internet (you never hear about him where I am) and I he is as I understand still full productive making music and sold out concerts. But I think he is only focussing on the markets that buys his music.

Great fellar - I first heard about him in an MJ mag, as he got signed to michaels label

Back