Billie Jean is the most timeless song ever

Is there any song that just never gets old? That never gets annoying even though you heard it way too much? There are so many artists out there and even their most beautiful songs can get annoying if you hear them too much. And nobody ever really talks about it, but there's one song that i never tire of, never gets annoying and that never has me saying 'Damn..i've heard this song so much...its enough now'

Billie Jean

It's incredible but never ever once in my life did i have a moment that i heard BJ, on my own audio equipment, on the radio in stores or just in general, that i felt i heard the song too many times. And i think we have all heard BJ many many times. I can't speak for others, but my friend who's a hardcore MJ fan as well said the same..it's so timeless, it's actually beyond timeless really. How is that possible, i wonder?

I agree, and this is precisely why it is my favourite song of all time. It may not always be my favourite song of the moment, but if anyone asks me what my favourite song ever is it's always Billie Jean.

I hear that beat hit anywhere and I still just beam and start dancing.

Exactly!!! It's probably my favorite song ever as well, i mean sure MJ has incredible other gems of songs, but this one never gets old. Let's say you are in a bad mood, every small thing annoys the crap out of you..but then Billie Jean starts playing..BAM....good mood is back. This song is such a masterpiece and to think that Quincy didn't want to put it on Bad.....oh my.

Exactly!!! It's probably my favorite song ever as well, i mean sure MJ has incredible other gems of songs, but this one never gets old. Let's say you are in a bad mood, every small thing annoys the crap out of you..but then Billie Jean starts playing..BAM....good mood is back. This song is such a masterpiece and to think that Quincy didn't want to put it on Bad.....oh my.

Why would Quincy put BJ on Bad. It was allready on Thriller... :)

My ultimate song. If it gets played I light up and change, it's incredible to think it's 30!! It's Immortal and will never leave the dancefloor from lighting up one step at a time :p

I can't choose a favourite MJ song. But if I had to mention one then I don think it's Billie Jean. It's like you all said, timeless. But many more of his songs have that. With Billie Jean I think it's the beat. The beat makes the song, it really does.
And it's personal too. It's probably the first song I remember singing when I was a toddler. Billie Hean I sang, as I couldn't prenounce the J correctly yet hahahaha.

It's funny, i don't bother playing it that often when i look to play some MJ, i've played it thousands upon thousands of times, it's to this day my favorite song of all time, but it has lost some spark from my first days of playing it. Back then it gave me a feeling like nothing else. However, that's just browsing through my ipod or something, in public it's an entirely different story. Beat it came on the radio earlier, and i was like "yeah, it's beat it!" happy and all, but if Billie Jean came on, which is does rarely, but now and again, i'd feel amazing, i just love it in public, the first ever time i heard it, it was at the fairground blasting out of the huge bass speakers, i was like 10, and i needed to know what that song was! it was thousands of times catchier than anything else i'd ever heard. I'll always have a soft spot for it, but it has lost some spark for me in private so i try and preserve the feeling i have left for it and only play it rarely, so i guess it does kind of wear out for me, but only because it started from such a high place to begin with, and at a much slower pace than most songs. If it plays in a shop, i start itching, hinting at dance moves when nobody's looking in the isles or what not, haha, it's such an amazing record!

Not just my favourite MJ song of all time but my favourite song of all time, the beat just gets me up not matter what mood I'm in I'm on my feet theres nothing like it.

I definitely have to agree with Billie Jean. Especially when it comes to the extended version that I have of that song. I also feel the same about his performance of that song. It is probably my most favorite performance ever from him. Well other besides Smooth Criminal and Dangerous. Whenever I watch him performed that song. No matter what concert it is from. I just can't help but automatically get in to the song. He just makes me want to get in to it.

I just love how ALL people at a party lighten up and dance when Billie Jean is played. It happens everytime!!!

tumblrle5ikjxkl21qbwnvz.jpg

Why would Quincy put BJ on Bad. It was allready on Thriller... :)

Oooh jeeeez...did i say that? LOL! I of course meant Thriller. But he didn't want to put it on Thriller.

I remember i was at this club a month or a bit longer ago. I'm not someone who goes out to clubs often so this was quite new for me. But after alot of songs from all kinds of artists..i was like..ok enough of this, it's time for some MJ. So i walked up to the DJ and i asked if he could play some MJ. You guessed it...he played Billie Jean and the whole dancefloor of people went nuts, well..not nuts, but they all danced. Awesome!

Also when i buy new headphones once in a while, i ALWAYS make sure to check out Billie Jean right away, the bass is just so amazing with top quality headphones or speakers!

Last edited:
Yep. Sometimes u wanna say one word..but...the board won't let me(of all people) this time.

anyway..Yep.

Last edited:
Is there any song that just never gets old? That never gets annoying even though you heard it way too much? There are so many artists out there and even their most beautiful songs can get annoying if you hear them too much. And nobody ever really talks about it, but there's one song that i never tire of, never gets annoying and that never has me saying 'Damn..i've heard this song so much...its enough now'

Billie Jean is an awesome, timeless song. That being said, there are other timeless songs out there. The one i listen to at least once everyday is "Dream On" by Aerosmith. I listen to the live performances which are awesome.

Last edited:
Yes I do, and it is Michael's trademark song too.

There was an article in News section about Thriller album, here is a snippet from it:
"More than two months after its release, “Thriller” still hadn’t reached No. 1. I was a D.J. at the time at a small rock-oriented bar on Long Island, and I started playing “Beat It,” with its surprising guitar solo by Eddie Van Halen, but at that early point the song was less a phenomenon than a curiosity. It wasn’t until “Billie Jean” was released as a single in early 1983 that “Thriller” really took off. It had that long, sinuous bass-line intro, paranoiac synth warnings, a hiccupping vocal; it was the ultimate crossover dream, a song both timely and out of its time. And it had a first-rate video in which Jackson came off like a musical James Bond, sexy, sly and licensed to dance. The song climbed to No. 1, stormed the ramparts at MTV and, buoyed even further by Jackson’s dazzling performance on the “Motown 25” TV special that May, led the way for the album’s other hits and for other black artists. By the end of 1983, “Thriller” had become a nine-track stimulus package for the entire music business."

QJ should have been on his knees and thank Michael for his instinct for wanting to include this song to Thriller album.
Who knows what the sales of Thriller would have been if Billie Jean wasn't included on the album?There wouldn't have been Billie Jean video for MTV, nor Motown 25 BJ performance.
One could play with the idea if MJ had selected BJ to BAD album, would BAD be the biggest selling album of all times?

Billie jean is my favorite song of all time. It's just a perfect composition - not just a song. From start to finish it keeps its power, the vocals are beautifully layered, the first few seconds are instantly recognisable and it feels like a fully rounded piece of writing. I am amazed by his ability to write this at 23. There is nothing missing in the song, there is nothing that's too much. Perfection. I think this song will one day be in the league of its own, standing the test of time with Beethowen and Mozart.I talked about it with my music teacher, who's a musicologist and she says that the way the song's composed is really amazing for a pop song. It has a musical quality to it. She compared the beginning of Billie Jean to Beethowen's Fifth Symphony. The intro just prepares you for somethign out of this world.

O Yes, Absolutely!! Hail to Billie Jean!! :heart:
My All Time Fav MJ Song as well!! Doesn't matter when or where I hear it, I always see His Motown 25 Performance before my eyes, like I'm right there to see it, even though I wasn't!!
It's imprinted on my mind like I was though!! ;)
It would be indeed unthinkable if BJ wasn't on the Thriller album!! What an Enormous Loss that would've been for Michael, the album & us as well!! :swoon:
Thank Goodness Michael has Great Taste, and was able to convince Q to put it on the Album!! I'm so Forever Thankful to Him for it!! :wub:

Agree about Billie Jean. i have heard it bloody thousands and thousands of times. but it never gets old. it is still as fresh now as it was when it was first released!. in 40-50 years. michael's songs will still sound fresh. i would also add that don't stop till u get enough is another that is timeless!

just the magic of Michael i guess..

Back