Big Pun - Still Not A Player (ft. Joe) (1998)

arXter

Proud Member
one of the rare quality commercial hip-hop tracks of the late 90s, with the piano stab fad of that period (see You Rock My World) but done in style.

Joe also does very MJ-ish ad libs ("dyeah yeah yeaaah").

i5sl7c.png

Still Not A Player

Instrumental

Last edited:
Hehe funny story, I discovered this track only a couple of months ago while searching for "Joe - Don't Wanna Be a Player"... I'm so late :p

EDIT: BTW, thanks for sharing! :)

Joe's solo track (and its remix) are too silky bland imo. this upbeat (re)production's got that funk that leaves more of a lasting impression for me.

btw i posted Joe's version in the talkbox thread several months back. it was one of Rodney Jerkins' early works, taking after Teddy with the talkbox quiet-storm vibe.

Last edited:
I've always thought they ruined a good track with the blatant and generic cursing at the opening lines. Music-wise, it's definitely quality.

Joe's solo track (and its remix) are too silky bland imo. this upbeat production's got that funk that leaves more of a lasting impression for me.

btw i posted Joe's version in the talkbox thread several months back. it was one of Rodney Jerkins' early works, taking after Teddy with the talkbox quiet-storm vibe.

LOL now when you're mentioning it, it was from your post on the forum where I found that Joe joint.. Hmm I wonder how I stumbled across the Big Pun & Joe's joint, I probably searched youtube or something.

(Speaking of Teddy, that dude almost single handedly saved the game by discovering Rodney Jerkins and The Neptunes. Dude got ears to hear the potential, lol.)

Though to be fair, arxter posted the edited version which takes some of the sting away from the blatant cursing at the beginning of the track.

classic! R.I.P Pun...can u please hook me up with both tracks in mp3???

Thx for posting a Big Pun track arXter ...... makes me wonder when the documentary about his life will be released. It is a little off topic but Pun songs like Twinz, You came up, Who is a thug, I'm not a player, Super lyrical, etc..... are good too.

Back