Beyonce Is Pregnant!

The One.

Proud Member
Couldn't find a thread yet :)

1189319-beyonce-red-carpet-617-409.jpg

Congratulations are in order for Beyoncé and Jay-Z!
Before hitting the stage, Beyoncé announced her pregnancy on the black carpet at the 2011 MTV VMAs. "OMG Beyonce just made a huge announcement on the #vma carpet! #baby!!!!! twitpic.com/6cva18," MTV tweeted. Bey', in a one-shoulder red gown, held her belly before the flashing lights after announcing her pregnancy.

Mid-show, Beyoncé performed her love song, "Love on Top," off her Billboard 200 No. 1 album, "4." After making the crowd, including Kanye West and Lady Gaga, two-step, Bey' opened up her hot pink sequence tux to rub her pregnant belly. Proud father-to-be and husband Jay-Z smiled back at his wife.​

http://www.billboard.com/column/the...-pregnancy-on-vma-red-carpet-1005331392.story

They're one of my favourite couples in Hollywood :) Congrats!!!

Awww, a baby! One of the greatest blessings ever. Congratulations to them and their families.

Congratulations to them both, I guess. I never understood the concept of congratulating people for reproducing, but...anyway. I've given the necessary social gesture.

Congratulations to Beyonce & a high five to Jay-Z! :p lol All seriousness I'm over the moon for them.

Congratulations to them both, I guess. I never understood the concept of congratulating people for reproducing, but...anyway. I've given the necessary social gesture.

It shouldn't sound so literal Severus. A human life is precious, it is something that we take all too likely and don't think about it properly. God created all things and gave us the power to create a new life. It's something to treasure.

Some people, however, probably shouldn't reproduce. Unpopular opinion, but true.

Obviously, neither Beyonce nor Jay-Z are among those. They're both very talented, and Beyonce is very obviously beautiful, and both are clever, especially when it comes to business...and we need people like that. In their case, their reproduction is a cause for celebration, as it is likely that their good genes will pass onto the next generation, which is really the general idea of reproduction. They're both evidently financially stable, and able to raise a family in that regard, so they're very prepared to do this as far as the practical aspects of parenthood go (of course, even for the rich and famous, there are always surprises along the way in the road of parenthood). The child is getting off to a good and very advantaged start.

With that said, I still find the idea a bit odd as a general concept (seeing as reproduction is so easy to do--unless you're sterile, I guess), and even weirder under unfavourable circumstances (i.e. accidental teen pregnancy due to idiocy/lack of proper preventive measures). What are we supposed to say then? Congratulations, thanks for adding one more person to the welfare system that we have to support with our hard-earned money because you and your dumb boyfriend thought you were "mature" enough to have sex without proper protection? Ironically, it's always the most disadvantaged people who have the most children--sometimes, as cold as it sounds, to cheat the welfare system (obviously a bad reason to have kids). So, no...I don't think children are a "gift" from god, but if they were...we ought to bring them over in the best possible circumstances, and terminate them when the prospects don't look too good (i.e. their parent(s) are severely mentally ill, or unwilling to take care of them, too young, too poor, whatever else. Why extend their suffering? To live a life in fragments is absolute torture,and I wouldn't wish it on anyone).

Back