Beyonce Hits Studio With Ne-Yo

billyworld99

Proud Member
The pace appears to be picking up with Beyonce’s latest project. Currently on hiatus from performing, the 28 year old is set to hit the studio tonight with Ne-Yo – according to the man himself.

Many will remember the pair’s last collaboration, 2006’s ‘Irreplaceable’ and the countless headlines it generated, Indeed Ne-Yo’s very public dispute of Beyonce ’s claim to have “written” the song, remains a talking point among many. Evidently, any ill-feeling appears to have been left in the past.

Thus far details surrounding the superstar’s new album have remained closely guarded. Although, Beyonce, herself, announced that the hotly anticipated follow-up to her ‘I Am…Sasha Fierce’ LP is due to hit stores before the year’s end…

http://thatgrapejuice.net/2010/08/beyonce-hits-studio-neyo/#comments

:lol: at Beyonces claim she wrote the song, she did the same thing with If I Was A Boy...
don't really listen to Beyonce anymore, but I wish her well :)

As the music world eagerly awaits Beyonce’s new studio album, Ne-Yo – who has been working on the project - has shed some light on the material we can expect from the superstar.

His comments after the jump…

Excerpt from the singer-songwriter’s recent interview with AJC:

So how is this new collaboration with Beyonce coming along?

Ne-Yo: (After a good chuckle) It’s along nicely. I can’t too much on it, but it’s another direction for her, and she’s carving out her own niche. In a minute nobody will be in Beyonce’s lane. They really can’t get in her lane now, but they really can’t get in her lane after this album. (Note: Ne-Yo collaborated with Beyonce in 2006 for her “B’day” CD. He helped pen “Irreplaceable,” which became one of Beyonce’s biggest hits).

While Beyonce stands as one of the few artists whose projects can rouse me at such an early stage, I greet Ne-Yo’s comments with caution. After all, how many times have we seen producers and writers scream to heavens about such and such’s new album being the Second Coming, only for it do be doo-doo?

Still, it’s Beyonce, meaning doo-doo or otherwise her releases command your attention. Here’s hoping she delivers a solid body of work though. For believe it or not, I see her as a singles artist who manages to sell albums. Before the stans call for my head on a platter, that takes nothing away from her undeniable talent. Rather it highlights the fact that over the last few years, much of her material appears to have been crafted with radio and club success on the mind (see: ‘Check On It’, ‘Diva’, ‘Ego’, ‘Get Me Bodied’) This, instead of creating material which – regardless of its sound – is so good that it demands radio plays.

In any case, it’ll be interesting to see what Ms. Knowles-Carter is cooking in the studio…

Your thoughts?

Back