Bestie Boy Adam Yauch Dead at the age of 47

Ms.MJ Fan2007

Proud Member
Beastie Boys' Adam Yauch Dead at 47

Celebrity News May 4, 2012 AT 1:15PMBy Beth Anne Macaluso

Adam Yauch of the Beastie BoysCredit: Michael Loccisano/WireImage.com

Beastie Boys' co-founder Adam Yauch has died at the age of 47, Rolling Stone reports.

Best known by his stage name, MCA, the rapper was diagnosed with a tumor in his salivary gland in 2009. Eighteen months and a series of treatments later, Yauch seemed in good health once more.

Last month, however, the Beastie Boys were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame; Yauch announced on the group's website that he would not be able to attend.

PHOTOS: Stars we lost last year

"Hello My Friends While I'm grateful for all the positive energy people are sending my way, reports of my being totally cancer free are exaggerated," he wrote. "I'm continuing treatment, staying optimistic, and hoping to be cancer free in the near future."

Yauch founded the Beastie Boys alongside his friends Mike "Mike D" Diamond and Adam "Ad-Rock" Horowitz in 1979. The legendary rap group's most recent album, Hot Sauce Committee, Pt. 2, was released last May.

The hip hop icon is survived by his wife, Dechen Wangdu and their daughter, Tenzin.

Read more: http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity...ys-adam-yauch-dead-at-48-201245#ixzz1tvN62tL2

-----------------

So sad my heart goes out the rest of the members, his famliy, & his friends :cry: :(

This is so sad, the Beastie Boys are my favourite hiphop group (not just hiphop because they can play ANY music genre they want en play their own instruments), check out all their albums.

R.I.P. Adam Yauch.:(

beastie-boys.jpg

Bestie-Boys-small.jpg

beastieboys-checkyourhead.jpg

4907027768_4d4d3ebf47.jpg

beastie-boys.jpg

Yauch-Beastie005.jpg

BeastieBoys1-800x450.jpg

tumblr_m3ifhtVjZ11rnoyezo1_500.png

what a shame...such a talented fellow and a good group..i remember them from my youth...RIP fella..

Back