best use of chanting in a song

mistermaxxx

Proud Member
what song or songs for you has had the best use of chanting in them and do you quote the chanting part of the song or songs more than the actual song itself and how important was the chanting in the song and did it make you appreciate the song even more?

Umm could you, maybe, learn how to use PUNCTUATION before posting please? I doubt anyone will have understood your post without having read it atleast 2/3 times.

Just a thought :)

i listen to a lot of Andalusian and North African (Moroccon, Algerian) music which embodies a good amount of chanting. i wouldn't say i appreciate a tune more because of it, but it is what it is.

as for Western tunes, Erykah Badu's recent album has a Madlib-penned track with very spiritual chanting on it.

My People

it can be infectious sometimes like a catchy hook.

I like a song by Tears For Fears called "Listen". It's mostly instrumental though.

i listen to a lot of Andalusian and North African (Moroccon, Algerian) music which embodies a good amount of chanting. i wouldn't say i appreciate a tune more because of it, but it is what it is.

as for Western tunes, Erykah Badu's recent album has a Madlib-penned track with very spiritual chanting on it.

My People

it can be infectious sometimes like a catchy hook.

She sampled that from Eddie Kendricks, dukes. :cool:

Yeah I got my own thread about this but I think it's best to post the original. DILLA sampled this too.

Last edited:
Umm could you, maybe, learn how to use PUNCTUATION before posting please? I doubt anyone will have understood your post without having read it atleast 2/3 times.

Just a thought :)

There was nothing wrong with his post..

Flying by the Beatles is good. I also really like Wey U by Chanté Moore.

Does the end of WBSS count (the "ma ma cosa" bit sampled by Rihanna)?

The segment between I'll Be There & Rock With You on The Jacksons Live! album. The local R&B station used to play that when the album 1st came out.

Back