Best MJ Biography

Moonwalker91

Proud Member
hey folks, I wanted to ask what you think is the best MJ Biography because I'm planning to buy one but there are so many of them. It seems like Moonwalk is a good one but I don't know pls help me

Allright thank you I'm gonna buy Moonwalk:)
I also found a book called Dancing the Dream it's also written by MJ himself as it seems. Is it also a good book?

There's Moonwalk (written by Michael Jackson)

There's also "The Visual Documentary" (written by Adrian Grant (founder of mjworld.net). This book contains pretty much everything Michael did if his life. Just facts and no opinions.

There's a book called "For the Record" but I haven't read it but loads of people said it is good.

And of course, there is the Michael Jackson Offical Opus, which you should buy if you can afford it. http://www.krakenopus.com/family/michaeljackson/

Allright thank you I'm gonna buy Moonwalk:)
I also found a book called Dancing the Dream it's also written by MJ himself as it seems. Is it also a good book?

Moonwalk is his life story. Dancing the Dream is all poems, stories and thoughts. Once you open Dancing The Dream, you won't be able to put it back down. Beautiful.

I would say that you should read The Magic And Madness. Even Michael self used to say that "If you want to know things about me, read J.Randy Taraborrelli´s book"

Moonwalk. I need to get a new copy as mine is so battered though! Multiple times reading it does that to a book!

Moonwalk really is the best one, since he wrote it. Only thing is it only goes up to the Bad era. Kinda wish he wrote another biography, but oh well.

I would say that you should read The Magic And Madness. Even Michael self used to say that "If you want to know things about me, read J.Randy Taraborrelli´s book"
ONLY the first edition

In His Own Words is pretty good too.

Moonwalk,you want to hear Michael talking about himself,it is the best way!

can someone pls give some reviews on Michael Jackson: The Magic, The Madness, The Whole Story, 1958-2009 book. Thank you:)

'Moonwalk' is a bit too basic (plus Michael didn't write it himself).
I recommend 'The Magic and the Madness' if you want a fairly well-rounded biography that deals with issues that Michael would probably have liked to talk about but didn't dare to himself.

I agree it is a good book. Also J.Randy Taraborrelli told that he will be revising the book and will be adding new material to it as well. It is supposed to come out at 2010

I agree it is a good book. Also J.Randy Taraborrelli told that he will be revising the book and will be adding new material to it as well. It is supposed to come out at 2010
He just revised it a couple of months ago:mello:

The Taraborrelli book is decent, but some of the stuff in there is obviously fiction. So, you have to be careful what to believe. I don't see how he could revise it any further though because he went right up to his death in the latest edition.

Michael said to read Randy T's book if you wanted to know about him. Is that true?
Well, yes technically. But really, I'm saying only the 1st version. And I have the 2nd version and I don't like it.

He just revised it a couple of months ago:mello:

no he added a few new chapters.

he says that revising means he will go back and re-interview people and write about 2005 and forward as well.

for example he says initially he did not believe MJ's marriage to LMP but then he had the chance to meet LMP and interview and talk with her several times and now believes that she is not a person to lie.

People also pointing to him his opinions about vitilago and how they were wrong - he says he will re-examine that as well.

The Taraborrelli book is decent, but some of the stuff in there is obviously fiction. So, you have to be careful what to believe. I don't see how he could revise it any further though because he went right up to his death in the latest edition.

2009 book is essentially the 2005 version with 2 chapters added about his death. so it does not include the detailed stories between 2005 and 2009.

Back