Best Jacksons studio album

Which one is the best Jacksons studio album?

• The Jacksons (1976)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Goin' Places (1977)

• Destiny (1978)

• Triumph (1980)

Votes: 13 81.3%
  • Victory (1984)

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • 2300 Jackson Street (1989)

• Total voters

HIStory

Proud Member
My favorite one is definitely Triumph. I think that's such an underrated album and also overlooked by the general public, maybe because Michael's adult solo career already started, maybe because it was released during the era when there was a backlash against black music in the US media, but how can people overlook gems like Heartbreak Hotel (the best HH of music history IMO, way better than Elvis' which despite of it is more famous), Can You Feel It, Time Waits For No One, Walk Right Now? Actually I think HH is one of the best songs of Michael's entire cataloge. I kind of view HH, Billie Jean and Who Is It as musical and lyrical sequels. No wonder those three are my three fave MJ songs.

IMO that album has Michael all over it as a songwriter, in style, in lyrical themes etc, it could be a Michael solo album (and a great one at that). It also shows with or without Quincy Jones he was a genius, no matter what.

I voted for Victory. It has always been my most favorite Jacksons album. Especially because some of my most favorite Jacksons songs The Hurt, Torture, State Of Shock, and We Can Change The World are on that album. And I will always consider it my number 1 favorite Jacksons album.

Tough one. Victory always gets a lot of hate, but I think it's enjoyable from beginning to end. I guess Triumph would be the obvious answer, but there are great songs on each album: like Blues Away, Dreamer, Destiny, Man of War, Push Me Away etc.

Back