Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Wii

• Xbox 360

• Total voters

ethan23

Proud Member
Been talking with friends about this recently... So yeah which console ever was the best. It's not just about technical specifications but games, how the console revolutionized the industry etc
Because now I feel that the consoles just dont have the same affect as when you fisrt got your PlayStation One or Nintendo 64! And that the games just felt better because they actually made you sit back and think wow!! plus they just got better and better!

I voted PS2 mainly because I grew up with it!! Infact I grew up with, PSOne, N64, Dreamcast and PS2... Then Cube!

Yep I can remember Nintendo 64!! I loved it.... especially the improved 3D graphics like in WrestleMania 2000! Mario 64.... LOVED IT!!

the female body. (joystick not included).

^ LOL :D

Sega 8-Bit (Master System) for me, it was my first game console and it has the greatest game ever created still to this day... and that is:

Alex_Kidd_in_Miracle_World_SMS_ScreenShot1.jpg

I still play that game, played it a couple of weeks ago :)

The latest consoles are relying to much on big numbers (like processor etc) and UP AND COMING games.... when consoles used to be released the lauch games were some of the best

^ LOL :D

Sega 8-Bit (Master System) for me, it was my first game console and it has the greatest game ever created still to this day... and that is:

Alex_Kidd_in_Miracle_World_SMS_ScreenShot1.jpg

I still play that game, played it a couple of weeks ago :)

Alex Kidd AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

100% Win!!!

Sega Megadrive and Super Nintendo are my favorites. I don't bother much with the new stuff (PS3, X Box 360) just give some old school games and i'm good to go

Sega Megadrive and Super Nintendo are my favorites. I don't bother much with the new stuff (PS3, X Box 360) just give some old school games and i'm good to go

Agree!! I have all three next gen consoles... Wii gets played because of vintage games and PS3 because of older PSOne and PS2 games!! XBOX 360... NOT AT ALL!!

Super Nintendo for me because it was the first gaming system me and my brother owned and we would play it all through the night!

My fav. games on the SNES would probably be

Super Mario World:

250px-Super_mario_world_box.jpg

Star Fox:
256px-Star_Fox_SNES.jpg

Street Fighter II The World Warrior:
200px-SF2_JPN_flyer.jpg

And of course quite possibly the greatest game to ever be realeased.......

SHAQ FU!!!:
256px-ShaqFu_logo.png

Lol i used to love this game when i was little
:lol:

Agree!! I have all three next gen consoles... Wii gets played because of vintage games and PS3 because of older PSOne and PS2 games!! XBOX 360... NOT AT ALL!!

Well, the xbox 360 has alot of great games. So I don't know why this console don't get the chance to be played on.
Games as Fable 2 are great, a typical magic atmosphere in it. I love it.

I think the PS3 will conquer this next gen, people who bought an wii now realise it's only a hype. Most of the games are crappy partygames and people that want to play a super mario or an Legend of Zelda are forgotten by Nintendo. Nintendo aims at the fast cashing method, it's a shame.
If you remember the E3 press conference of Nintendo last summer, you know Nintendo showed us 2 hardcore games. WAUW, that's alot don't you think?:mello::(
I'm not here to bash the Wii because I have one at home, but I don't like Nintendo's new method to make games.

PS3 makes amazing graphics and Sony has some unique games for the future like Eyepet. Free to use online network:wild:

I love this gen the most, because of the almost living graphics. Although the magic of Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time can't be conquered.:punk:

NES!!! It's my childhood :D
Mario, MK, Contra, Battle city, Ninja tutles, Top gun... Good old times

The ps2 it has the best library of games and its still competing with the new consoles

the Wii however is a load of crap....

I'd rate the Snes after the ps2

the Sega consoles were kinda crap compared to their competition with an exception of DreamCast that console had some amazing games

the Gameboy Advance had some awesome games some of which I would rate over the SNES, with that said I'd rate the PSP over the gba and SNES cos u can get emaulators of them for the psp

ps3 I reckon will be the best in the current gen though, if not now then definently by the end of its lifetime

I'm old fashioned, and severely attached to my childhood. I still love SNES! I played Aladdin, Donkey Kong, Super Mario Bros, Yoshi's Island, stupid Indy racing games, MORTAL KOMBAT....it will never grow old for me.

I'm still also attached to Nintendo 64 for 2 specific games. Super Mario 64 and Mario Kart.

We sold both our old consoles and we now have an Xbox 360. It's a great console, but I don't hardly play any games on it. I really need to buy the old consoles back...big time!

Megadrive

Because:

streetsofrage2md.jpg

Also - on another note, the soundtrack to this game (and the Sonic series) are catchy and so so so funky.

I might make a thread on Video Game music because some of the classic stuff from classic games.. is really really.. well classic.

Final Fight was better then Streets of Rage imo^

Rage was a slow game

I'm really old school. I have only owned a game boy (tetris, simpsons,pacman) and game boy advance(didn't paly with it almost at all). I remember playing Donkey Kong with my friend's console. I mostly played simple games on my pc. Like pac man and tetris.

SNES IMO Best console ever. Where would we be with out Mario :eek: lol
I also like PS2 & the Wii.
But my heart'll always be with the SNES.

I wanna buy a new consol at the moment.I it's between XBox & PS3.Any advice? What I like about the PS3 is the fact it comes with Blu-Ray.I also prefer the control pads on PS.

I've got a PS2 but only use it to play Fifa football of which I'm totally bored with after about 3 or 4 years of playing the same game.Sad I know.I want to get back into some propper good gaming.

My favourite old school consol is between the Sega Megadrive & Super Nintendo.Happy days indeed.

Voted PS2. It's the only game console that has backwards compatibility. I don't know why the heck Sony took out that feature from the PS3. It was one of the best features of the console.

I'll be buying a PS3 before the year is over. Watch out for the price cut. PS3 slim will be at $299.

Voted PS2. It's the only game console that has backwards compatibility. I don't know why the heck Sony took out that feature from the PS3. It was one of the best features of the console.

I'll be buying a PS3 before the year is over. Watch out for the price cut. PS3 slim will be at $299.

When will this price cut happen? Round christmas?

Back