Best Female Voices

babykinsilk05

Proud Member
Who do you guys think have the best voices? They don't need to sing like Whitney or Mariah (although they'd deff be on my list).

I like Beyonce (Especially Live), Lauryn Hill (A GENIUS), Janet (She's not the most powerful, but she is definitely the most VERSATILE out of all the female artists), Toni Braxton (her voice is unique), Whitney (In her prime), Mariah (In her prime), Gladys Knight (could sang back then and still can sang today), Jill Scott (I adore this womans vocal abilities), Marsha Ambrosius (Floetry)-She is coming out with a solo record this year..so look out!!, Erykah Badu (I love her music and her bluesy voice), Amy Winehouse (She has a very unique voice and her music compliments it very well)..

Last edited:
Aretha Franklin!, Barbra Streisand! Edith piaf! Tina Turner, Ella Fitzgerald, Minnie Riperton, Whitney Houston now she's a bit well burnt, but you now. Dion Warwick, Diana Ross (i love her melodic voice), Nina Simone, (i liked her voice but not her style, musical style)Joni Mitchell, Janis Joplin, Celine Dion

from now (well not so now, but hey) i like Lauren Hill, Mariah Carey, (though with the style of music she is doing sometimes she doesnt show all her qualities) Beyoncé, Sade, Tony Braxton, Amy Winehouse, , Alanis Morissette, Björk (so unique and expresive)
some of my favorites female best oices, but there are more

Last edited:
For me it's Mariah, Janet, Whitney, Lauryn Hill ,Diana Ross. Cyndi Lauper, Tina Turner, Martika,Aretha, Dionne Warwick, Gladys Knight, Patti Labelle, Jill Scott, Yuna Ito,Tamia, Teena Marie, Mary J Blige, Faith Evans and a couple of others.....BUT this needs to be said because it's the truth.....

SHANICE WILSON'S VOICE IS HIGHLY UNDERRATED!!!!! SHE HAS ONE OF THE BEST VOICES IN THE WORLD!!

I'm sorry because she really does not get enough credit

Oh Etta James, Billie Holiday, Eva Cassidy
Christina Aguilera is pretty powerful, but not one of my favorites...

britney spears, madonna, myley cirus, taylor swift NAH just kidding, they are sweet though...:smilerolleyes:

a few, Sade...Etta James.. Billie Holiday..Tori Amos...Bjork...Janet..Patti Smith...Janis Joplin...

Aretha, Whitney, Minnie Riperton, Phyllis Hyman, Beyonce, Mariah, Janet, Christina Aguilera...

think the best female voice got.....
Alicia Keys ( my idol kinda female singers :) )
Beyonce´... (do not like the kinda music she does,but she´s a very good singer)
Rihanna .....
and
Cassie ( could everyday here the song "with you" whether its old :D)

^I'm assuming you're being sarcastic with the last two.
I'm assuming many are being sarcatic with some of their answers (e.g. Janet :mello:, Rihanna:mello:, )

anyhow mine are
Aretha Franklin, Tina Turner, Diane Warwick, Patti Labelle, Etta James, Minnie Ripperton, Gladys Knight, Whitney Houston, Mariah Carrey, Sinead O' Connor, Alicia Keys

I like the classics like Aretha, Etta and Eva Cassidy

But I am a fan of straight to the point alternative singers too, like PJ Harvey and Katy Steele (Little Birdy)

think the best female voice got.....
Alicia Keys ( my idol kinda female singers :) )
Beyonce´... (do not like the kinda music she does,but she´s a very good singer)
Rihanna .....
and
Cassie ( could everyday here the song "with you" whether its old :D)

Isn't the song by Cassie called "Me and You", honey? ;)

^I'm assuming you're being sarcastic with the last two.

No, she doesn't! Why should she?
She really likes Rihanna's and Cassie's voice! ;)

I also love Aretha Franklin, Dee Dee Warwick, Phyllis Hyman, Meret Becker, Ute Lemper, Mylene Farmer and Chaka Khan 's voices.

Other then that I prefer male voices over female voices. Janet is the only female vocalist I can tolerate for a long period of time.

Candice Night (She is the lead singer in the group Blackmore's Night. I just love her voice.)

The group Celtic Woman

Shubha Mudgal (She is a well-known Indian singer of Hindustani classical music.)

Janet Jackson

Shreya Ghoshal (Another Indian singer that I like.)

These are some of my favorite female singers.

Janets voice is amazing and under rated just because she isn't a belter like Whitney, oh yeah Whitney, Beyonce, Chaka Khan, Diana Ross is Great too... loads really...

Chaka Khan

Faith Evans

Monica

Whitney Houston

Mariah Carey

Karen Clark-Sheard

Kelly Price

Mary J. Blige

i agree with mary j blige, such a huge inspiration to me.
barbara lewis
diana ross
beyonce
whitney houston
sade

Jem and the Holograms
Josie and the Pussycats
Miss Piggy
Prairie Dawn
Henrietta Pussycat
Lady Elaine Fairchilde
Snow White
Lamb Chop
Lovey Howell

A few names that haven't been mentioned:

Patsy Cline
Bessie Smith
Joan Baez
Bette Midler
Rosemary Clooney
Amalia Rodriguez
Mariza
Mercedes Sosa

Alicia Keys - there's something about her voice that is so unique. Love her new album. Love all of her albums!

Gladys Knight, Dionne Warwick, Whitney Houston, Toni Braxton, Patti Labelle, Julie Andrews (love love love her voice) Lauryn Hill, Erykah Badu, Chaka Khan, Heart, Donna Summer, Tina Turner, Patsy Cline

great vocalists for sure! :clap:

best female voices ever: Whitney and Celine... oh and Babra

Back