Besides Time magazine

Giovanna

Proud Member
What other magazines have a good positive tribute? i would like to buy all magazines that a nice tribute.

man I wanna know too. I stupidly forget to go to a store to look if they've some good magazines, but Im going to look tomorrow and post here if I get some good news!

Thanks! i think we all want to buy the good tributes and not waste our money on junk.

I am gonna check out some others when I go to Borders tomorrow...I will let you know :)

I'd like to know this too since i have already looked for certain mags like TVGuide and Time and my local stores have YET to issue the new ones with Michael on them!

I'd appreciate it if a list could be gathered of any magazine with Michael on their cover. All these newspapers and Magazines i plan on saving and putting away to keep and look at in years to come. So people (children, friends) will remember how much of an impact/uproar Michael made when God decided to bring him back home.

i checked around today and only found Time and Newsweek. i have a feeling there will be LOTS coming out.

seeing the word "commemorative" was like someone punched me really hard in the stomach :boohoo:

I picked up Newsweek yesterday and realized that I wasted $6. It seemed like they "tried" to write a good article, but they went a bit tabloid and said that he bleached his skin and all. They also decided to use the balcony picture in their compilation of pictures.

EW has a tribute with 4 different covers, they all look so nice.

People Magazine cover looks amazing. but im not sure if it's available already

40532238ab29ed5.jpg

Rolling Stone brings you the definitive tribute to the King of Pop, with a dazzling 96 page special issue (plus 4 covers) chonicling the thrilling highs and chilling lows of Michael Jackson from Motown to Thriller to Neverland Ranch.
The vast majority of the material here is new, thanks to essays from Will.i.am, Smokey Robinson, Quincy Jones, Sheryl Crow, Slash, Adam Lambert, Usher, L.A. Reid, Akon, Brooke Shields, Gamble and Huff, Wyclef Jean, Ne-Yo, Weird Al, Martin Scorsese, Glen Ballard, John Landis, plus the Rolling Stone staff.
Also included are reprints of two classic Rolling Stone cover stories, one from 1973 by Ben Fong Torres, and a 1983 piece by Gerri Hershey

Oh my goodness, I would love to get the Rolling Stone mag, I love the front cover pic :) Does anyone know if we can get this magazine in the UK?

I saw a Hello! magazine tribute today, the pics are really nice but I didn't have the time to look through it properly.

I got Time magazine today and was dissapointed to see how they named him on one of the chapters...it's what the tabloids call him, why can't they use his proper name :(

I bought the german magazine STERN today and it has some amazing pics from him and his kids

I am surprise so many of you like the Time Magazine edition. I finally found the Time magazine today, but I opted not to buy it. I really disliked that they had a section called [name tabloids commonly use to describe MJ] that was supposed to represent the supposed downward spiral of his career. And they started the section at 1990! It really left a bad taste in my mouth that they tried to make pretty much the last half of his life look like a nightmare. What were your impressions of the magazine beyond the cover?

I opted instead to buy People. It has Michael on both sides of the cover. It does not have as many pages focusing on Michael as Time, but I felt like the treatment of Michael was more positive on the whole. They have lovely quotes from many different people who knew him and many beautiful pictures, some of which I had not seen before. What sold me was the backside which had a couple of spreads of Michael Jackson pictures with quotes by him. There is one in particular I really like with Michael outside on a sunny day laying in the grass with flowers in his hand.

40532238ab29ed5.jpg

Rolling Stone brings you the definitive tribute to the King of Pop, with a dazzling 96 page special issue (plus 4 covers) chonicling the thrilling highs and chilling lows of Michael Jackson from Motown to Thriller to Neverland Ranch.
The vast majority of the material here is new, thanks to essays from Will.i.am, Smokey Robinson, Quincy Jones, Sheryl Crow, Slash, Adam Lambert, Usher, L.A. Reid, Akon, Brooke Shields, Gamble and Huff, Wyclef Jean, Ne-Yo, Weird Al, Martin Scorsese, Glen Ballard, John Landis, plus the Rolling Stone staff.
Also included are reprints of two classic Rolling Stone cover stories, one from 1973 by Ben Fong Torres, and a 1983 piece by Gerri Hershey

How positive/negative is the Rolling Stones one, guys?

I read somewhere that it is available for preorder and will be out July 10th.

I really hated the Newsweek - it was worse than the tabloids IMO. Very little positive in that one.

So far the one I liked best was TV Guide. Some interesting different things in there. Plus although they did, of course, bring up some of the bad stories, it was much more positive than some others. And TV Guide is the only one I've read, so far, that mentioned the GQ article "Was Michael Framed?" - so that, to me, is a huge positive.

I won't get newsweek. Instead of getting it, I would wait for the rolling stones issue.
but I'm bit worried since Rolling Stones has deapreciated Michael's achievement I guess

Pics from the Australian edition of the Rolling Stone mag - bad pictures, but just to give you a feel for what's inside.

This is one of my favourite pictures ever so I'm really happy they have it as a magazine-sized poster. I'm sticking it on top of my bed:
dsc00058mpr.jpg

The other side:
dsc00057x.jpg

dsc00059o.jpg

dsc00060t.jpg

dsc00061uxt.jpg

dsc00062mer.jpg

Last page of mag:
dsc00063l.jpg

Pics from the Australian edition of the Rolling Stone mag - bad pictures, but just to give you a feel for what's inside.

This is one of my favourite pictures ever so I'm really happy they have it as a magazine-sized poster. I'm sticking it on top of my bed:
dsc00058mpr.jpg

The other side:
dsc00057x.jpg

dsc00059o.jpg

I can't wait!

I went to a newstand today that had probably every MJJ magazine tribute that currently exists in the U.S. I found most of them to be lacking. Time was was way too negative for me. Newsweek had such a small section that it wasn't worthwhile. TV Guide seemed to try to play up the supposed freak angle and I think used J****. Same for Entertainment Weekly, I think. There were also two magazines that did not appear to be affiliated with any major publication. They also seemed negative.

The only ones I liked were People and the two USA Today special editions. I bought the newsprint version with the lovely cover photo of Michael. The magazine version was nice, but it focused too much on his death and fans mourning for my tastes. I want to celebrate his life, so I decided not to but that one.

Now I am just waiting for Rolling Stone and Billboard. I have high hopes for them.

i bought everything i could get my hands on (even the tabs) because I wanted all the pics. haven't read anything yet.

but just so you know what's out there as of 7-2:
People
TV Guide - it has 2 or 3 different back covers
Collector's Edition Historical King of Pop - found it at Barnes & Noble
Exclusive Collector's Edition, Tribute to the KOP - mostly pics and really good ones!
Newsweek
Time

can't wait for Rolling Stone!

I bought the TV Guide mag yesterday, they have very nice pictures. I should scan it later.

I will go check the bookstore again where i bought Time mag tomorrow to see what they have. Then i ask wether they do sell Rolling Stone mag. I think they do but i'm not sure.. If they sell it i will send my mom again on the day they think it arrives :) I work fulltime mostly so i only have time to check after work and good magazines are sold out in no time so.

Back